This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:38 PM

Clark is on a distinguished road
Default 1962 T Bird convertible

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to the forum and look forward to getting to know you folks!

I recently acquired a 1962 convertible that has been sitting in a garage for 25 +years.

I am going to start working on it soon and welcome any input you have.

My game plan is to get it running and safe by replacing the fuel, brake, ignition and cooling systems.

I would like to put larger wheels and an air ride suspension along with electronic ignition. If you could direct me to threads you think are relevant as well as offer any advice on where to purchase parts etc. that would be great.

I look forward to learning from you guys!

Thanks
Clark
Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Clark,

Welcome to Squarebirds. Make sure you check out the Technical Resource Library. It has a wealth of knowledge on all systems including air suspension, electronic ignition, wheels, etc.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Welcome Clark, it's good to see another Michigander onboard.

Do you have a Shop Manual for your car? This is the very first tool you will need. They are sold at all the vendors and are inexpensive. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Super-Experienced

Joe Johnston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I recently acquired a 1962 convertible that has been sitting in a garage for 25 +years.
Same here - ABSOLUTELY the first thing to do is order a full set of manuals. A lot (most) of information is available here in the TRL area. STUDY the function of the Convertible Top manual and make the recommended jumper wires. I also made 2 more jumpers each 25' long to clip to the battery terminals to have good solid connections to any area I am working on. The top mechanism can be a bit overwhelming at first, but only one thing happens at a time.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default 1962 T Bird convertible

Clark, a list of Tbird vendors can be found in the Advertisements Forum on here. You will want to call or email them and ask them to send you their free catalogs. You can go online on their websites and order the necessary shop manual, and other manuals you are going to need. The wiring schematic is found in the Technical Resource Library, the link to which can be found on any post I or jopizz made, like this one. It is below my signature element. Good luck with the restore!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm