This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:18 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Nicolas '59 Raven Black Tbird

Nicolas, in France, has received his '59 Raven Black Squarebird! He sent me some pix to show her to ya'll. She looks to be in pretty good condition over all. He pretty well knows what she needs as you can see in the interior. He says she runs and he will start checking her out more thoroughly as soon as he can. Here are the pix!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nicolas'59RavenBlack1.jpg (66.8 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg Nicolas'59RavenBlack-2.jpg (97.7 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Nicolas'59RavenBlack3.jpg (58.6 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Nicolas'59RavenBlack4.jpg (55.8 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Nicolas'59RavenBlack5.jpg (65.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Nicolas'59RavenBlack6.jpg (59.8 KB, 229 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Nicolas great to see that your classic is now in your possession and the restoration begins Good Stuff.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Apprentice

Nicolas is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ray for posting my pics. I will keep you informed as I move forward in my restoration.
I got what I expected. Some welding and patches required mainly on the right side. Engine is running fine but I just drove her into my garage as there was NO brakes at all. I will start my process but first step is good organisation and preparation. I don't have much space in my garage so everything needs to be in the right place.

I will start by marking all the wires in the engine compartment before I take away the interior. I will take the front seats to my upholstery guy. I have purchased new seat covers from Macs Antique.

I want to access the floors and refresh or repair the floors.

I will then start the major part of my restoration, changing the rails.

i will do my best to share as much info as possible but you know how it is !!! Kids, wife, job !!! Not much time left so I have to deal with it !!!

Nick

Last edited by Nicolas : 02-24-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Apprentice

But ....

Such a good feeling when you finally get you car in the garage, you open the boxes of all the parts and antiques you bought months ago. Some you don't even remember.

I love that thrill.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:26 PM

Hi Nick, glad to be of help! When you start working on things, post away and post any pix of the areas you are working on, in the technical Forum for '58-'60 Squarebirds. Good luck with her!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 02-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Apprentice

I took the interior off. Carpeting and seats and started my investigation. As expected, poor quality repairs were already done and rust has found its way again through the rails, inner rocker etc... Never seen a glued patch before but there's a first time for everything I guess. After turning the problem upside down, there's no other way but to do it right if I want to have a straight car.
So I started cutting. I will buy some metal sheet tomorrow and first repair the floors. I will also get a 2 x 4 steel tubing to give more strength to my repair. I'll be blocked at some point as my rocker panels are still in the US, leaving on a ship on the 5th of March. But I want to do everything I can before that. She will go on jack stands this week to give better access. God that car is sitting low !!!
Once blocked by my parts delivery, I will start the complete rebuild of the braking system.
Meanwhile, sanding the filter and the valve covers at work for painting (matching colors !), cleaning the engine compartment, Edelbrock 1406 installation, flushing of all fluids, well still a lot to do !!
Will take some pics this week end.
Nick
Old 03-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Apprentice

Some progress !!! I have finished the floor patches on the drivers side. I have started the complete rebuild of the brakes.

Straight out of the box 1406 Edelbrock installed ! Check !

I have sanded (and yes, I need to blow again the air cleaner !!!) and painted the air cleaner, valve covers and replaced the ignition wiring. I know the ignition wiring is not period correct, but I dig the style ! Straight Rajah ! Check !

I have replaced the starter solenoid, the regulator, the ignition coil. I have restored the cooling fluid container. I will finish the brakes next week end and then, I can turn the car... cause my garage is too small !!! So I do one side at a time.

I have also replace the window rollers and my window are moving up and down smoothly... Check !

My best buddy passed by and was impressed with the progress ! Looking good for this summer !

Keep you posted.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Your car should be a real eye catcher in France. Glad to see the work is progressing.
Nyles
Old 03-17-2015, 02:10 PM

Nick, you are making great progress and it is looking good!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 03-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Nick, you are making great progress and it is looking good!
Thank you guys. Can't wait to go in my garage again !

What do you think about the ignition wiring ? You like it or not ?