This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:51 PM

barefootboatnik is on a distinguished road
Default Dave's '62 T-Bird Hardtop basket case

Picked her up for $600.. looks like she's pretty complete, but she has lots of rust damage. Pretty solid frame, thankfully. Hardtop Base, Z-code 390FE/300hp. Currently not running, but complete. Looking forward to having a little fun getting dirty. Not really going in with intentions of making a show car right now.. a roadworthy cruiser/mild custom is more along the lines of what I'm thinking, if she's not too far gone. Hoping at the very least, my 11 year old son and I get a few good memories out of working on her.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 PM

ranchopower is on a distinguished road
Default Bird Nest

Nice cross flow radiator!

These rides when road worthy get 20mpg with the 390!

good solid car to drive!
Old 02-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Dave, this project should be perfect for you and your son.
There is a lot to do in all areas, Mechanical, Electrical, Trim, Paint and tuning.

Any work you can do will accomplish two important lessons, cost savings because you won't hire the job out and experience that your boy will never get anywhere else. Above all, the time you spend together is priceless. As work progresses, your boy will see 'you' in that car's work.

Hang a few pictures of the finished car around your garage. Then any work you do will be that much closer to the light at the end of this tunnel. I sincerely hope you two stick to it and see your car finished, even if it takes years. Good luck. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 02-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Dave I agree with Dave Dare in that this project including your son, will no doubt be beneficial to both of you. He will have an immediate bond to you in the learning process of restoration and also helping you along the way. Not stuck to a tablet and gaming

You wll get personal satisfaction that you and your son did something together and possibly turn it over to him when he is old enough to drive. Good stuff. We need more of the younger generation to get involved and take over these classics.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 02-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Years ago when my Dad was alive and still driving his Squarebird that he bought new - I liked the style of the Bullet Bird. I had always wanted to find a '62 - thought that swing-away steering wheel was like rocket science. Never happened but enjoyed many days of working on his Squarebird with him.

Looking forward to seeing the progress. Hope your son enjoys the work and can take over the drivers seat one day. We're close enough that hopefully we'll see each other at a show or cruise-in. I'll be in my Dad's Squarebird. (Ooops - guess it's mine now)

Eric
Old 02-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

Dano,
I couldn't agree more with your post. I bought a '61 Falcon for $50 back in the '90s for my son and I to refurbish. He learned a lot working on that basic 170 cu motor. His car stuck out in the high school parking lot for sure !

In 2002, he helped rebuild my 352, then we restored a '64 Caddy. He ended up being a Mustang freak and started building his motors and drag racing. One was the fastest car I've ever ridden in. Now that he's a family man, he slowed down but still works on his '97 Cobra. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Mike once you get the " bug " it stays with you for life
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Experienced

jhuebner is on a distinguished road

Dave, thats awesome my son is 3 and loves our T Bird cant wait till he really can get involved with it.