This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Experienced

Wudro is on a distinguished road

Excellent tip Joe and Nyles! For a measly $3.47 and an hour of work they turned out great. No need to waste money on replacements. Better spent on body work. They weren't in bad shape to start, but had swirls where they were wiped off without proper cleaning. I'd say they went from 70% to 90%. Well worth it.
Now I gotta figure out what else to do while my car is in the shop. I'm so antsy. I ordered 6 - T8 2 lamp 4 foot fixtures to bring the Sun indoors! Should arrive tomorrow, and significantly brighten up the Shop. Hoping to get an answer or quote tomorrow...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (254.9 KB, 88 views)
Old 03-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Nice Job. I also buffed all of my tail light lens and they also came out nice. Much more cost effective vs. buying new.
If you took the clock apart, did you look at the points on the clock spring? Those are usually what get pitted and cause the clock to stop working. Forgot to mention that before.
Nyles
Old 03-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Experienced

Didn't take it apart. Just polished the exterior on that one. The other two I did both sides. I will probably do that though. I want to see if I can clean up the white on all the gauges and maybe paint the needles. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Just get them looking the best I can before install while they're out. The center on the clock could be polished as well.

I took the clock to a local repair shop, the dude said he could probably fix it and would call me. 3 weeks later I stopped in and he said he had a friend, his mentor, in Winslow, AZ who possibly had the parts he would need to fix it. 2 months after initial drop off I went in and he saw me and said "Ahh, sorry man, I was gonna call you, but I couldn't fix it. Here ya go." It looked like he hadn't even touched it. I guess his Mentor wasn't a very good one..
Old 03-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Macs auto carries a complete line of paint to redo the gauges. Comes in small touch up bottles. Not to cheap, but probably will give you correct color. I used model paint I got from Ace Hardware. Worked for me.
Nyles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2591-1.jpg (430.8 KB, 95 views)
Old 03-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Experienced

Thanks Man. I saw those bottles when searching for lenses. As usual, I'll find something cheaper like you said and make that work. The Ace by me is fantastic. The woman there is a firecracker every time I go in there. I enjoy my visits.

Your Dash Looks Bad-***! All your work paid off.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Apprentice

KENN is on a distinguished road
Default Clock

CHECK OUT THIS LINK TO T BIRD CLOCKS http://www.clockwks.com/The_Clock_Worx.html KENN
Old 03-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Apprentice

Harry LePargneux is on a distinguished road

As Nyles said, cleaning the clock spring points and light oil to the end of the gear pivot points got my clock working again. There is a good write-up in the Technical Resource Library.
Harry
Old 03-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry LePargneux View Post
As Nyles said, cleaning the clock spring points and light oil to the end of the gear pivot points got my clock working again. There is a good write-up in the Technical Resource Library.
Harry
I had my clock out, but didn't want to wreck the clock, it's a big buck replacement or 70.00 to get someone to fix it for me so....
Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Experienced

Restifier52 is on a distinguished road

Who remembers "clean your clock" as a threat to do bodily harm?
Thunderbird Registry #35780
Old 03-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restifier52 View Post
Who remembers "clean your clock" as a threat to do bodily harm?
lol haven't heard that in a while
Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm