This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

You also have a bumper jack. You are lucky it is still there.

Nyles
Old 01-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Experienced

Daleo56 is on a distinguished road

I finally drove the Thunderbird over to the shop today. It drives great and was fun to cruise in!

Once I got it up on the lift I did find a few more spots of rust on the outer rear panels but the floors were solid and very nice. It has thick undercoating so that saved the entire bottom. I have a few days off next week so I will leave it there and start fixing the easy stuff first. It needs a thorough pressure wash but I am confident that it will clean up real nice.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Experienced

The wife and I drove down to Larry's Thunderbird for some parts today. They are only 45 minutes away and their prices are great. I bought carpet, trunk kit, dash and a bunch of small stuff. I am excited to get this new dash painted and in the car!

I dealt with Bob down there and he was really cool. We got the 10% discount for orders over $1,000 and will go back next month for leather seats.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Project Snowbird - 1960 Hardtop

I just had an enjoyable conversation with the owner regarding their discount. He confirmed the 10% discount on $1,000+ orders. I also posted additional information in their ad in the Advertisements Forum.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 01-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I've been dealing with Larry's for the past 15 years & been very happy. Un-fortunately for us, we have to try & keep it under $1,000 purchase at a time because we have to pay Import Duty Tax. I've been getting a new Catalogue for free every time they update as well. I have found the company to have good communication skills, fair price, & always got what I ordered.

Chris....From OZ.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Experienced

They were easy to deal with and picked the order really fast. I was out of there in about 30 minutes.

After I got back to the shop I decided to work a little more on the engine compartment before I tore apart the interior. Boy was that a bunch of work! After a few hours of sandblasting the parts and cleaning I brought them home and painted the valve covers Goldenglow Yellow, the air cleaner Colonial White and the new battery tray Moroccan Ivory. The colors were the Seymour equivalents of those colors and the Ivory was from Touchuppaintonline.com and is an exact match. I have used them before on some other cars and the paint is great.

They turned out fairly well and look good. Now I have to figure out how to clean up the mess the previous owner left me inside the engine. Ugh.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:22 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Project Snowbird - 1960 Hardtop

I see you are cleaning her up! In case you need it, here is the 1960 Tbird Color Chart. You should be able to save it for future reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960FordTbirdPaintColorChart.jpg (72.9 KB, 135 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
I see you are cleaning her up! In case you need it, here is the 1960 Tbird Color Chart. You should be able to save it for future reference.
Thank you. I bought one on Ebay a few weeks ago. I liked the 56' picture since it showed the engine colors. Always good to something to match to!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Experienced

Restifier52 is on a distinguished road

mmm those parts look great! Looks like you're gonna have a showstopper when you're done. Rick
Thunderbird Registry #35780
Old 01-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restifier52 View Post
mmm those parts look great! Looks like you're gonna have a showstopper when you're done. Rick
Thank you for the compliment. I am hoping I can get everything but the paint done first. It has such cool patina that I do not mind leaving as it is for now. My guy can always scuff and paint it later if I save up enough money.

I got my shocks in yesterday and my new mufflers from Summit. The mufflers are as close to direct replacement as I could find there and hopefully will sound nice when I install them this weekend. The mufflers on the car now are not original and one of them has holes so these 15x9 mufflers should do the job.

This weekend, since I am going to change the shocks I am probably going to remove the rear end and have the springs, tank straps and driveshaft sandblasted so I can paint everything up in clear, black or red oxide depending on the part . The tank was installed just so I could drive it on the trailer and I want to clean the undercoating off underneath it. I have new rear brake shoes ready and will also clean up the nasty leak on the differential while it is out.

Front Shocks - Monroe Monro-Matic Plus Shocks and Struts 32066
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mon-32066

Rear Shocks - Monroe Monro-Matic Plus Shocks and Struts 31125
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mon-31125

Mufflers - Walker Universal SoundFX Mufflers 17895
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17895