This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Experienced

840 840 840 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Larry your welcome to come by any time, I really build Model T's and late model iron, but come on by and I'll give you the two dollar tour, bring the kids and if the weather is nice we will give them a fire truck ride.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Experienced

Larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 840 840 840 View Post
Thanks Larry your welcome to come by any time, I really build Model T's and late model iron, but come on by and I'll give you the two dollar tour, bring the kids and if the weather is nice we will give them a fire truck ride.
Sounds good neighbor . Is this what you do for a living? Would love to see some more of your work.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Experienced

Yes Larry, I own Nichols Hills Paint and Body in OKC, just call and I'll show you our projects.
Charley
Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Experienced

Still working on dash getting every thing right and ready to plug in first try.
Here's the new radio sounds great with the dual voice coil speaker.

Charley
Old 12-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

She's coming along very nice Charles, I see some very straight lines on the dash.

Chris....From OZ.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Charles it appears that you have done this several times before. I know as I see in the pix the key, is in the ignition even though the dash is on the bench. Good Stuff
58HT #33317
Old 12-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Still working on dash getting every thing right and ready to plug in first try.
Here's the new radio sounds great with the dual voice coil speaker.

Charley
Looks good! I also went with a DVC speaker on my 58 for a factory look, but used a Ken Harrison radio, good sound even at high volumes.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Experienced

Hi! Larry
I went with the Antique Automobile Radio Inc., Model 313401 having never seen one before in person just pictures, as I was more concerned about appearance then function at the time of purchase and just liked the look and the fact you can just plug an I-Pod directly into the unit, as we are going to use the ash tray for storing the I-Pod and charging. When I first opened the box and took one look I knew it looked just like I thought, but was shocked by it's small size being only 2.5 X 2.5 X 9.0 I was taken aback just a little. But once we got it installed it made me really smile. Plays music through the custom autosound Model 3006 DVC Dual Voice Coil speaker like an Angel or Uncle Ted on Saturday Night.
And I must say the quality of the chrome, style, and the really high quality of the original look knobs really made my day. This was the first part we have purchased new for this car that we didn't have to rework to bring it up to the standard we have set for this car. We did rework the wiring harness just a little but that's really just me, it wasn't needed.
Charley

Old 12-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Hi! Larry
I went with the Antique Automobile Radio Inc., Model 313401 having never seen one before in person just pictures, as I was more concerned about appearance then function at the time of purchase and just liked the look and the fact you can just plug an I-Pod directly into the unit, as we are going to use the ash tray for storing the I-Pod and charging. When I first opened the box and took one look I knew it looked just like I thought, but was shocked by it's small size being only 2.5 X 2.5 X 9.0 I was taken aback just a little. But once we got it installed it made me really smile. Plays music through the custom autosound Model 3006 DVC Dual Voice Coil speaker like an Angel or Uncle Ted on Saturday Night.
And I must say the quality of the chrome, style, and the really high quality of the original look knobs really made my day. This was the first part we have purchased new for this car that we didn't have to rework to bring it up to the standard we have set for this car. We did rework the wiring harness just a little but that's really just me, it wasn't needed.
Charley

Nice clean install. Mine took a lot more work for the speaker because of the limited space between the speaker housing and center tunnel, nothing a 4 lb hammer couldn't solve . I put my usb/3.5 av in the ash tray as well, the rear ash tray houses a usb port for charging other devices.

FRONT

REAR

I just use a micro SD card and reader for all my tunes. But can also listen to music or any of a number of stations via my phone. Gotta love the new tech we have today. I remember as a kid if you wanted more selections, you only had two choice's, bigger antenna, or eight track tape player
Old 12-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Experienced

Well back at it this morning.
Installed rebuilt heater control and new cables in dash, insulation board for firewall and A/C & Heater through firewall plate, steering column gasket and plates.
Next electric wipers and defrost ducts, then heater/AC box.
Randall getting into the action, he builds all the detail parts.
Charley