This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Apprentice

roger59tb is on a distinguished road
Default Call Me?

I live in Arcadia, a suburb of L.A., just east of Pasadena. Call me at (626) 447-7130 while you're here. Maybe we could meet for a drink or you could get a look at my '59. Roger
Old 11-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Phil that's the cool part of our worldwide members is meeting them face to face should you be in their area. Hopefully you connect.

My wife and I met Mr. Dare ( simplyconnected ) and his wife this summer on a road trip and it was great to put a face to the name
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 11-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Leavens View Post
Phil that's the cool part of our worldwide members is meeting them face to face should you be in their area. Hopefully you connect.

My wife and I met Mr. Dare ( simplyconnected ) and his wife this summer on a road trip and it was great to put a face to the name
Yeah, and I got a new nickname after they left; 'Gentle Giant'. It was a very short visit but Dano found out he's younger than he thought.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 11-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
Yeah, and I got a new nickname after they left; 'Gentle Giant'. It was a very short visit but Dano found out he's younger than he thought.
One senses there may be two stories to be told there Dave ??
Old 11-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Bill, I don't mean to hijack this thread but...
From the moment Marg (Dano's wife) stepped foot outside the car, Robin & I laughed so hard... we had a fabulous time. Marg's a firecracker, that one. Dano is well able for her as well. I don't know which was worse, the ache in my sides or the ache in my face that took me days to get over.

We packed as much fun as we could, into the few hours we had together. It even rained part of the time at night. Check out this youtube video I did from some of the pictures I took at dinner time... CLICK HERE

Unfortunately for us, they had to shove off early the next morning because Marg's Dad was admitted in hospital back home in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

That 28 hour trip would have taken a normal driver three days and four hours because it was 1,900 miles (3,058 km). Dano did it in jack time.

I sincerely hope we can get together again for a few days of fun and relaxation. I had a tour planned through Ford's Dearborn Truck Plant but there simply wasn't time. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 11-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Bill you are correct there are several stories but new nickname after they left; 'Gentle Giant' We will attempt another visit with Dave and Robin when we have a bit more time. I will say that anyone that is near Mr. Dare should definitely stop in as it good for the soul as laughter is " good medicine ".

Dave do say hello to Robin for Marg and I
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 11-07-2014, 08:53 AM

phil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger59tb View Post
I live in Arcadia, a suburb of L.A., just east of Pasadena. Call me at (626) 447-7130 while you're here. Maybe we could meet for a drink or you could get a look at my '59. Roger
Thanks Roger will meet up talk soon
PHIL
Old 11-09-2014, 12:55 PM

ZBird is on a distinguished road

What is the coolant temp.
Is it over heating or could it be a bad cap.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Experienced

ayrwoof
Cool

Get some one to help for temp check
start the cold engine
you put your hand on the front of the cast iron head . AND the back
of the head iron tooo. get some one to help with the other side ..
\ Which side heats up FIRST front or back ?
if its the front pull the head gaskets for new ones
big holes go to back .
does lower rad hose have brass wire inside?
does vac and centrifical advance work like they should.
total timming to slow?
i put 2 1/4" exhaust on my car just to unload heat