This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Experienced

cubbear is on a distinguished road
Default seat belts

where to get seat belts & how to tell color and length
Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default seat belts

You can get seat belts from any of the Tbird parts houses listed in the Advertisements Forum below. You can find out the color and length available by looking at their websites or giving them a phone call.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Amateur Knuckle Buster

del is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbear View Post
where to get seat belts & how to tell color and length
I found that the 60" belts work fine for the front seats, but are way too long for the rear. At least that's how it worked out on my 1960 'Bird. Even "crossing" the two center pieces, by the time you make the buckle end as short as you can, the blade end piece is still too long. I got mine a few years back from Andover Restraints. I haven't seen any shorter than 60", but I also haven't looked very hard.
1960 HT 352
TBird Registry 34042
Old 06-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Just as info - the seat belts that were in my car when my Dad bought it new are 35 inches long each belt (front only).

Mfg by Irving Air Chute Co. Pretty sure all seat belts were dealer installed but since these came in the car it is possible this is what Ford sent to the dealers.

The reason I say that is because the car was bought in a very small town that I doubt very seriously would of had a store that carried aftermarket belts. Closest town would have been 2 hours away. Unfortunately the window sticker was gone when they got it so no definitive proof.
(funny but our Tbird found my Mom rather than she and my Dad going out to find it - the car came to the bank she was working at to be financed and the fellow was unable to obtain financing. The bank was going to call the dealer to come and pick the car up but my Mom called my Dad - they looked and the car and it went home with them rather than back to the dealer...... )

Eric

Old 06-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Experienced

ncbird is on a distinguished road
Default Juliano's

Juliano's has been providing seat belts to the street rod market for years. They now have an outlet dedicated to seatbelts SeatBeltStore.com
They may be able to make you a shorter set. Cant hurt to call them.
Grant
Old 06-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default seat belts

This thread has been added to the Technical Resource Library (TRL) under an existing heading called Seat Belts. It has been added with the title of Seat Belt Sources.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm