This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Apprentice

inheritance is on a distinguished road
Default Picture thread of my 59. Multiple shots and questions.

Okay heres some pics i took today of the car itself. I'll save the technical stuff for later.

Okay the rest of these pictures are somewhat random, but if anyone has the time to look things over please do.

The suspension i would say is relatively worn, some shots of the front end show wear.

what rear end do i have?

Fuel pump shot. Should this extra fitting on top be connected to something or plugged?

I tried to align the front tires better, but i am still suffering wear to the inner tires? What is so wrong?

This is the 325 horse 390 from a 62 marauder. Right?

more front end shots

I made a video on youtube today, heres that..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-wFFej471g
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Aaron,
Looks like you got a good Bird to start with! Take your time with her, she will come around.
She needs a name!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Apprentice

well thank you! I hope to get it to the point where i can drive it more often. The tire wear, lack of exhaust pipes, and lack of finances keep me struggling.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Picture thread of my 59. Multiple shots and questions.

Hi Aaron! Thanks for the pix and the video clip! That was neat! It looks like ya have some work to do on the engine, for one thing. If you do not have a shop manual, you need to get one. In it, you will find the specs for alignment of the front end. That might help you. Try to find someone who really knows their alignment procedures. I use Firestone because they can provide you with a lifetime warranty. If I do not like what I am seeing, I take it back to them. As I recall, that plugged connection on the fuel pump is your vacuum connection. Others who are more technically inclined than me can set me straight on that. She looks to be pretty nice looking. She just needs some TLC to bring her back to where she should be. A lot of the guys here should be able to help you figure things out, once they see the pix and watch the video. Good luck with her!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Aaron,
Just do a little at a time. Remember she's like a fine wine she is only going to get better with age especially if you keep her out of the weather. As Ray stated, need to get you a manual, there is allot of good information in there! Check Ebay!!! Keep us posted!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

can you post a pic of how the rear leafs attach to the frame? (the front of the leafs, not the back ends)

my car is a 58 that the last owner removed the coils and fitted 59 or 60 leafs into. I'm just curious as to how the "stock" mounts are supposed to look.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the posts. I plan on buying a service manual as soon as possible. I was paid 700 dollars today and I have decided that I am going to invest it into the thunderbird. So far, i have decided to buy a drum brake overhaul kit with wheel cylinders and new shoes for all four, (found it priced for 150$).
I also am buying a detent plate as available from this website. I'm getting a mechanical water temp gauge, a heater core, and depending upon price, the upper and lower ball joints, and inner and outer tie rod ends. Fresh alignment per specs of the service manual with radial tires. Might not be able to afford the bullitt wheels right now considering the aforementioned upgrades, but i am going to see if the local junkyard has 4 15 or 16 inch steel wheels that would mount and just go that route for now.

Heres the pics you needed dakota, please keep the posts coming!! It is very nice to have others share interest!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

My first Squarebird ('59) was the same color.. Hickory Tan and Colonial White with tan and white vinyl interior! Have to admit I painted it re-sale Red and White and dyed the interior. Welcome to Squarebirds !

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

thanks for the pics of the leaf mounts

mine were some fabricated brackets, but looks like they were attached in the same fashion as the stockers on yours.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Apprentice

thats cool fomoco, i do like the tan bird but would of preferred another color myself.

dakota, no problem man glad I could help.

so does anyone have any general suggestions for the car or maybe areas that I should focus on? I can take as many pictures as can be, and sure aren't afraid to tackle a project head on. Also. what is going on with my tires? Is that likely to rememdy without replacing the steering valve and power steering components? I only have the money for the inner and outer ties and ball joints as of now. The sway bar bushings look ok still.