Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bossbijou
    • Sep 12 2013

window help

I'm looking for power window motors for my 1965 thunder bird and really don't want to spend 300$ overall for two new motors. does anyone know of a cheeper place to get them or a motor that will work as a replacement?
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Do you have the motors? Most times they just need to be taken apart and cleaned or just have the brushes replaced and they'll work just fine. If you don't have them you can look on Ebay. There's usually a few used ones on there for much less. I would just make sure they are tested first. There isn't a modern replacement you can use because of the gear. You might be able to find a Lincoln or Mustang motor that's similar as long as it has the same amount of wires.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• bossbijou
      • Sep 12 2013

i might have one of them still but its completely locked up when i held it last i couldn't turn it by hand. how would you go about cleaning it?
      ill keep looking. all of ebay is still 100+ $ kinda more than i want to spend

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If you look in the Technical Resource Library there's a tutorial on rebuilding window and seat motors. Although they differ slightly from the 64-66 motors the basics are the same.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎