This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Experienced

Hawkrod is on a distinguished road
Default Rust free 1960 For body parts

I have had this car for a few months and had not got around to posting it but it is a solid rust free California car with beautiful floors and fenders. I kept the hood trunk lid and doors for my car. Basically it is 4 fenders although one has some bondo from an accident on the right rear fender (right abve the wheel well and forward, it was a crease) all the floors front to rear including spare well, the cowl, Front inner and lower panels, frame rails/components and the roof (which is currently cut at the rear under the moulding but not at the front. It also has really nice clean suspension components if you are looking to get rid of rusty pitted parts on a show car. Most parts would have to go Greyhound or Forward and be crated and I will not cut patches from a panel unless you are buying the whole panel (these are too nice to cut, trust me). Specific pictures available on request. Hawkrod tcherry3=AT=AOL.com (replace the =AT= with @)
Old 07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Rust free 1960 For body parts

How much for the upper and lower control arms shipped to New York? Please PM me.

Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top
Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Experienced

OOPS, forgot the picture! [img src="http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/259957/fullsize/dsc00120.jpg"]

Old 07-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

Hawkrod, As I posted in another thread to you, I would like as much of the nose as possible.. I am in Connecticut, where are you located? Maybe Alexander and I should make a joint purchase. ;)
Thanks..........
Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Experienced

I scheduled a couple of days late next week to start the teardown on this car. I will look it over and see how I am going to take it apart and identify any damage so I can quote prices. Hawkrod
Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Experienced

That sounds great, thanks.
by the way.... where are you located?

Old 07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Experienced

Well, you want rust free? I live in the Mojave desert! I live in Apple Valley California and its 102 right now. We don't worry about rust because you have to have moisture for that to happen! Around here you can spit into the wind because it will evaporate before it blows back! LOL Hawkrod
Old 07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Experienced

Oh,I know Apple Valley... I was in Hesperia last year for a week... and my <gulp> ex lives in AV.... heh, heh, small world.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Experienced

I was hoping to drag the car out tomoorow and start on it but my wife had to go out of town unexpectedly so it will probably be Tuesday before she will be able to help me tow it out so I can work on it. Sorry for the delay, Hawkrod
Old 07-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Experienced

Just to let you guys know, I have started to strip this thing down and hopefully will be done stripping and cutting it up by early next week. I pulled all the bolt on body parts that I am keeping and I pulled all the wiring and seats. I have the engine unbolted but still sitting in there because I am going to need a friend to help (I hate doing really heavy stuff alone!). Suspension and chassis small stuff and then I take the sawzall to it! Hawkrod