This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Tom ~ scumdog Does Cromwell S&S!

"Hi Ray, Christine and I were at the annual Cromwell Car Show today, probably in excess of 800 classic cars and trucks there but here are all the Thunderbirds that we saw. We took the F100 to the show & there was at least six other Ď53 to Ď56 F100s there. More pics to follow...

Hi Ray, Hereís more photos, first is a Mk2 Ford Zodiac, circa 1961, it however is a model that was never produced by Ford - a two door pillar less, it was created by the present owner. They only came as four-door, two door convertible, four door wagon (pretty rare) and a ute. Next two photos are of a very quick HQ Holden Monaro, circa 1973. (Aussie GM product for those who wonder where it came from). Note the complicated plumbing! The last photo is of a Mk3 Ford Zephyr, circa 1964, they originally had a 155ci. inline six cylinder motor however this one has a a Windsor V8, probably 302 stroked to 347ci (quite common here), it also has four-wheel disc brakes and auto trans. More to follow!

OK guys, have look at this motor and see what is different about it!! At the annual Cromwell Car Show today."

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 01-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Experienced

pbf777 is on a distinguished road

Can't see the cylinder heads clearly enough, but, I would say a big block Chevrolet with Ford Cleveland type valve covers grafted on.

Do I win the free prize? DO I, Do I, DO I????

To bad the owner would appear to be embarrassed by the engine choice for his ride.

Scott.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbf777 View Post
Can't see the cylinder heads clearly enough, but, I would say a big block Chevrolet with Ford Cleveland type valve covers grafted on.

Do I win the free prize? DO I, Do I, DO I????

To bad the owner would appear to be embarrassed by the engine choice for his ride.

Scott.
Close but no coconut!
Its actually a small- block Chevrolet.

And if you look closely it’s been fitted with a set of Cleveland heads as well as the valve covers you mentioned!

And now you’ve seen such a beast actually exists!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 12:45 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Tom ~ scumdog Does Cromwell S&S!

"Hi Ray, Some more photos from Cromwell.
The gold XM Falcon is Aussie assembled - hence the steering on the right.

The grey utility is a EH Holden from 1964.

The car with the Chrysler hemi in it is not a Dodge Dart despite its appearance- itís a Chrysler Valiant coupe, Aussie assembled. (Note which side the steering wheel is on)

The Ď61 Fairlane was sold new in NZ (steering on right and four doors are a big giveaway) and has a very grunty 460 Ford motor.

The last car is a HK (I think!) Holden Kingswood circa 1969. They originally generally came with a 186ci six cylinder and three speed column shift.

Well, thatís it from me today, Tom"

Here are those pix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2923.JPG (130.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2920.JPG (123.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2916.JPG (124.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2918.JPG (132.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2921.JPG (123.1 KB, 28 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 01-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

The Ď61 Fairlane was sold new in NZ (steering on right and four doors are a big giveaway) and has a very grunty 460 Ford motor.

Tom love the front end on the 61 Fairlane especially the chrome
58HT #33317
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Hi Tom, I think that Holden sedan is a HG as the HK had a metal grille, and that one is plastic (I think). Looked to be a great day though! Was that a small photo bomb in the same shot by a 250 Cortina by chance? Those things had major mumbo.
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Hi Tom, I think that Holden sedan is a HG as the HK had a metal grille, and that one is plastic (I think). Looked to be a great day though! Was that a small photo bomb in the same shot by a 250 Cortina by chance? Those things had major mumbo.

Yep Bill, you are probably right! My knowledge of HK HT HG is not that great - but I love the Monaros of the generation.
And on second thoughts the ute is a EJ not a EH.
The Cortina was a 1600 from memory, I do know of the 250. (I had the Vauxhall equivalent, a 3.3 Victor)
By the way, how do you think they fitted those Clevo heads to the Chev motor as per the pictures I sent in?
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
Yep Bill, you are probably right! My knowledge of HK HT HG is not that great - but I love the Monaros of the generation.
And on second thoughts the ute is a EJ not a EH.
The Cortina was a 1600 from memory, I do know of the 250. (I had the Vauxhall equivalent, a 3.3 Victor)
By the way, how do you think they fitted those Clevo heads to the Chev motor as per the pictures I sent in?
I'm not much of an engineer but my guess would be a whole lot of metal fab, including filling up holes in the block and drilling / tapping new ones OR in the heads maybe, and if thats the way they did, hats off to them with galleries and ports involved etc. Maybe a slim adapter plate instead?

Wouldn't it have been easier to put a real Ford engine in it?

Good call on the EJ / EH ute but consider they both had the same tail lights (the EJ ones).