This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Pinball Larry

lnoska is on a distinguished road

Hi Ray
I sent him an e-mail this morning, it hasn't come back as undeliverable. so his mail box is still in use. I placed the order via e-mail I think around the 2nd or 3rd of December. I tried to call twice today and got no answer. Is there any way I can get in touch with him? Somebody answered my e-mail and sent me a PayPal invoice on the 12/06/13. In my e-mail I asked him for two headlight doors right and left. I wanted to strip and polish them. Ha said the doors cold not be polished as they are pot metal. The ones I have are aluminum, I have striped and polished a spot on the back side.

Larry
Thunderbird Redistry #39303
Old 12-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default 1960 Thunderdird Clock

Larry, the only way I know of to get in contact with him is via email or the phone. Both of which he has not answered me on the times I have tried to get in contact with him. Unfortunately, I am hearing the same thing from others who have tried to order parts from him. I have no idea what is going on with him, and if anyone knows, please let us know. The fact that you got a response to your order helps. All you can do, that I know of, is hope that he honors your order and ships it. As for the two headlight doors, I don't know if they can be "polished" but I certainly know they can be chromed, pot metal or not. Many have had them chromed, mine included, as part the external chrome "kit". Let us know how you come out regarding your order.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 12-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Pinball Larry

Hi Ray
John e-mailed me yesterday with a tracking # at 0745. But the tracking # shows the package as out for delivery today in Rochester, IN 46975. I don't live in Rochester, IN I live in Post Falls, ID 83854. I called him on the phone he answered. He said that he saw my e-mails add he would clear it up today. I asked him how he was doing he said he was just fine
I asked about the weather he said they are having a heat wave @ 18 degrees. So I don't know what is going on with him but will keep you informed.

Larry
Old 12-13-2013, 05:12 PM

Hi Larry! Welll, ya got a response out of him, even if he did ship it to the wrong place. I wonder what he is gonna do about retrieving that?! He probably has others he can send you if he can't get them back. It is good to know that he is okay. I have always wondered why he does not respond to others who try to buy from him, or contact him regarding information...

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Pinball Larry

The clock's arrived and a wall transformer has been powering one all night. The transformer is a 12vdc 750 ma one. I picked it up at the good will thrift store for $ .95. The transformer isn't even warm to the touch so it will work just fine.

Larry
Old 12-14-2013, 02:36 PM

Congratulations, Larry! It is good to know that he is still in business... I am glad you got the clock working and it sounds like the transformer is doing a good job for you.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

What is a "Headlight door"
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 12-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Pinball Larry

It is the cover that covers access to the headlights. It is part of a chrome trim package. That included the headlight doors, air scope, windshield wiper wells and the taillight extension's

Larry
Old 12-15-2013, 01:25 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

The headlight bezel then right?
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 12-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Pinball Larry

Yes a headlight bezel would be another name for the part. In the manual it is called a headlight door. And part of a chrome trim package.
Larry