This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Landon1119 is on a distinguished road
Default Hubcaps

Hey fellas,
I hope you all had a great thanksgiving! I had to put another notch in my belt LOL!

I just got 4 brand new tires today, and I was wondering if anyone had two extra stock hubcaps lying around! I have two stock caps already, so I'm just looking for two more I can put on the bird and make her look pretty! Happy Holidays!

Thanks all,
Landon
Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Landon, what year bird do you have? I have 3 extra 58 caps. Pic is posted below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58HCAP2.JPG (29.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg hubcap3.jpg (31.1 KB, 69 views)
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 12-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Landon:
I believe you have a 60. If so, I have 2 hub caps I would sell for $30/pr and they are in fair condition. Here is also a listing on C/L for a set of 4 for $100: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...230319768.html
There are also some listed on Ebay if you search around. Prices vary greatly.

Nyles
Old 12-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Experienced

Alan H. Tast, AIA is on a distinguished road

For the record:

A "hubcap" just literally covers the hub. In context of wheels/tires, it would cover the center of the wheel, but not the entire wheel. Some also call these "dog dishes" or "poverty caps" as they were a base-model item. On '58-'60 'Birds, this is about 10-1/2" in diameter and goes over the nubs that are stamped into the wheel center outboard of the lug nuts.

A "wheel cover" covers the rim up to the edge of it. Also known as a "full wheel cover."

Sorry, it's one of those "pet peeves" I have when people describe car parts...