This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome, pnkuljis !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, pnkuljis! Paul hales from California and owns a 1960 Tbird! We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new members Tbird. If you have any you want to share with us you can post them directly on our server as a Paid Member. To become one, have a PayPal account and click on the Donate to Site button at the top right of this Forum. Or you can create an account on one of the free picture hosting websites, upload your pictures there and post the link to them in Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me or Dave Dare, our webmaster ~ simplyconnected and we will post them for you. When you post pictures please set them for 800x600 size for better viewing on the Forum. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help with your Tbird just post away in the Squarebirds Forum. They will be glad to help. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, or Dave Dare. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 PM

pnkuljis is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I will post pics and ask stupid questions as the project goes on. Car has been in the family since my grandfather bought it new. 14,566 original mi.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 PM

First of all Paul, it is great to know that your Tbird has been in the family since your grandfather bought it new! If you have not found it in the car, already look for the Build Sheet, also called the ROT (Rotation) Sheet. It is a valuable piece of paper to have. It is often found in the springs of the rear seat backrest, the rear or front seat springs. Sometimes it is under the carpeting, and has also been known to be found in the center console, even up under the dash.

As for questions, there are no stupid ones... So don't let that worry you. Post away in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum. If you have pictures of your Tbird, they can be posted in Our Rides Forum.

The Build/ROT Sheet has even been found in the glove box! Check all the paperwork for a yellowish flimsy sheet of paper that often does not survive some 50 years of lying in a car. The sheet looks like this. If you find it, we can give you the breakdown of the various codes. The sheet tells you what they put on the car as it went down the production line being built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nawlins'60ROTsheetSm.jpg (73.1 KB, 19 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 07-08-2013 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Additional Info & Picture
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 PM

Default build sheet

I will look for the build sheet when I pull the seats for recovering. Have the original bill of sale and all the dealership paperwork along with the shop manual my grandfather sent away for still in sleeve it was shipped in.

Thanks
Paul
Old 07-21-2013, 04:01 PM

build sheet has been found
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM

Congratulations on finding the Build (ROT-"Rotation") sheet. Many people never find them because they were printed on flimsy paper and usually crumple up and fall apart over the years. It tells you exactly what was put on your car when it was being built on the production line. I am going to post the breakdown of the Build (ROT) sheet on Anything Goes so you will be able to read from it.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-21-2013, 05:25 PM

It was in two but the pieces went together.

Thanks
Paul
Old 07-21-2013, 05:46 PM

Hi Paul, hopefully, it is readable. If so, put it in a document protector or something like that to protect it. Very few people are lucky enough to find their Build Sheet! I did post the break down of the sheet on Anything Goes for you and others. Though that sheet was from a 1962, they are all basically pretty much the same break down, regardless of year. BTW, I see your Member icon is now with your use id! Thanks again for becoming a Paid Member! I sent ya an email.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-24-2013, 11:15 PM

Default ROT sheet

Well worth the price this is a great forum. Attached is the build sheet. Its not in to bad of shape.

Thanks
Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rot sheet copy.jpg (131.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 PM

Hi Paul! Thank you! If you will go to the Anything Goes Forum, if you have not already, you will find the Thread titled Breaking Down the Build (ROT) Sheet. That will tell you what all the numbers mean on your Build (ROT) Sheet.

"It's Hip To Be Square"