This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default PCV upgrade on '59

Maybe these pix will help... First of all I called that a 2-way junction block, and I guess it should be called a 3-way junction block, since the other end goes into the engine. In my pix, you will see what I have numbered as Lines 1, 2, & 3. Line 1 is the line that comes from the firewall area. In the last picture, you can see Eric's MC and power booster. Line 1 hooks to it, and then goes on (in my case) to the KH booster behind the drives side wheel well. So that is the run for Line 1. Line 2 come off the left side of that junction block and runs down to the fuel pump to the RIGHT side fuel pump vacuum connection. Line 3 comes off the LEFT side of the fuel pump which is the WIPER connection. In the picture you can see the word WIPER with an arrow pointing to that connector. Line 3 then comes up from the fuel pump, in front of the carb, across the passenger side of the engine, to the firewall, through the hole in it and to the wiper motor. Along the way, there is a rubber hose connected to it to make the connection with the wiper motor. I hope this helps. As for tubing sizes, I do not have that information.

Eric ~ DKHeld has a technical item on this in the TRL called Vacuum Hose Routing. Here is the link to it.

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...oseRouting.htm

In your picture, your Line 1 is my Line 2 and your Line 2 is my Line 1. Line 3 in both is the line going to the wiper motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04347.jpg (451.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03408.jpg (371.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg eng4.JPG (57.9 KB, 58 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Experienced

Rock&Roll Firebird is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post

#1 goes to the vacuum (fuel) pump

#2 goes to the booster

#3 goes to the wiper motor

You know what I would do to keep it simple? I would insert a TEE in the flexible vacuum line just off the steel supply line (#2) supplying the booster.

If 3/8", the PCV line should be 1/2". Just buy a stepped TEE, either brass or nylon. It will keep the install clean and it can be returned to OEM easily.
Perfect thinking! It will look almost stock as the instalation will remain at the rear part of the engine compartment. And I don't have to trouble myself with getting the brass connector or carb spacer parts as I need to put the spare parts order already . Nice and clean!

PS: found the TEE local supplier already

PS2: still don't have the draft tube connector - seems I will have to deal with it locally (and simply) as well. Do you think it's possible to take the road draft tube, cut if off and use it as a connector to the PCV hoose somehow? If it doesn't fall apart on the removal...
Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 PM
KULTULZ

Yes, you could cut the tube and put a hose over it if the adapter (or original PCV stub) is not available. Maybe try to cut it on the car and not try to remove to cut as it may be damaged.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
KULTULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post

Maybe these pix will help... First of all I called that a 2-way junction block, and I guess it should be called a 3-way junction block, since the other end goes into the engine.
It would be called a two way Ray. The actual vacuum source has no bearing. The term four way needed had me scratching my head...

There are subtle difference(s) between the 58 and 59/60.

Is there any way you would be willing to take more concise photo(s) of your car regarding this photo in the TECH SECTION?

Quote:
In this picture above you can also see how the line comes off the (#1) steel line mentioned above through the check valve and then connects to the brake booster. You can see how that rubber line from the check valve goes to the "T" on top of the power brake booster.

Does the booster line actually split at some point or am I misreading the author's description?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Experienced

triple60squares is on a distinguished road

the booster line doesn't really split it runs from the 2 way connector(3/8 steel line) upto( rubber hose) into what I think is a check valve then over to the T connector (still rubber hose)on the back of the booster then to the vacuum canister behind the wheelwell still rubber hose
Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM
KULTULZ

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple60squares View Post

the booster line doesn't really split it runs from the 2 way connector(3/8 steel line) upto( rubber hose) into what I think is a check valve then over to the T connector (still rubber hose)on the back of the booster then to the vacuum canister behind the wheelwell still rubber hose

THANK YOU SIR...
Old 08-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Experienced

Rock&Roll Firebird is on a distinguished road

Do I get it right that the line marked on the pictures is a vacuum to the power brake booster?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DSC01967.jpeg (64.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC01968.jpeg (83.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 08-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

That's correct. It goes to a tank inside the fender and from there to the booster under the dash.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm