This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road
Default $6,000,000 knees

Well, almost three weeks ago I had both of my knees replaced, not something to be taken lightly I discovered!

Now moping around the house and checking Squarebirds etc to keep from going insane - can't drive, can't get out to the garage to tinker with the T-bird, can't do squat...and at 60 I feel I'm too young for this.

Still, time will heal and I'm better of than a few on this forum.

Just a rant from down under.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Tom,
You will be up and going strong in no time. A guy at our church, just a little younger than you, had the same proceeder done last year. He had one done than a few weeks later the other. He was doing great in no time. I know from experience you think you will never get well, but time will tell. This guy at our church now runs up the steps on Sunday to give announcements, before he could barely walk. Keep thinking positive
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 05-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default $6,000,000 knees

Hang in there, Tom! You will be healed soon and will be back in the garage tinkering with your beloved Tbird before ya know it! You will be the $6 Million Dollar Man!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Next door neighbor (60) had her's done 1 year apart and that was last year and the year before. She's back to mowing her 1/2 acre lot with her plain old (no self propel) push mower.

Of course - the Dr told her that's what wore her knees out in the first place - she said - well these D*** new things better not wear out as much as they cost.

Hope you're up and around on those bionic knees real quick and if you get to the states I'll race you with the Tbird......

Eric
Old 05-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Experienced

Yellowbird is on a distinguished road

I kept tellin' ya it was b**** to have them done. Just think, like your mate in the USA you can set off alarms in airports the world over!!!

Get better my friend!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi Tom, my brother had both of his done about 6 months ago 6 weeks apart. He'll be 69 this Saturday & he was Rocking & a Rolling about 3-4 months later. Hope things work out well for you.

Chris....From OZ.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks guys - your support boosts my morale greatly!

I'm just not the most patient of patients if ya know what I mean.

Gimme a car problem and I've the patience of a Saint but when it comes to being 'anchored' and innactive and unable to get out to the garage etc I'm not so good!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Apprentice

fcar is on a distinguished road

Eat healthily, don't do what you were told not to do, get plenty of sleep and you'll do fine. One day soon you'll realize that you haven't even thought about your knees.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default $6,000,000 knees

I, Richard D. Hord, and others who have been down the road you are one, or a similar one, know what you are going through. Just know that it will get better and in a few months you will be doing great again! You got some good advice on diet, and sleep also.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Experienced

Ian M Greer is on a distinguished road

Tom , been there done that for both knees . I found that I went through 9 to 10 weeks of little to no sleep and then all of a sudden I could sleep painless . Being a fellow car lover I never let this put me down and after over three years total between both knees ( each knee was was done seperate with 6 months in between ) I'm back up and mobile . The only thing with the new knees is buy a quality set of gel knee pads and even though getting down is a little slow there is no stopping me crawling around when I'm down there . I was determined my new knees would not stop my from returning to my car hobby and they don't and they won' t stop you either , best of luck with your recovery , regards Ian M Greer