This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default I Have Hit The Mother Lode!!

A bit ago, I checked my mail and found an envelope in it from Julie Sosiak! There were two CD's in it. One of them has a lot of Tbird pix and stuff that I have never seen before! As time permits, I will post the interesting ones on this Forum. It also has the Squarebirds Website settings, and a Zip File of a lot more things.

On the other one, was a folder labeled Squarebirds. On that CD are 13,615 files in 370 folders! I made a quick check of six missing files on the Home page Technical Tips that I have been looking for. Of the six, I have found four! I hope I will be able to find the other two with some more digging. I figure that if those four are there, then the rest of the missing files that go with them are probably there also.

Not only are the graphics there, but all the website files that run the Forum it looks like! Html files, logs, you name it! Julie says she gave me everything off Alexander's PC that she could find that applied to Thunderbirds and Squarebirds. I think I might have gotten it all! I am in 7th Heaven! We owe Julie a big thanks for taking the time to search for these files, getting them copied off, and sending them to me. I have already saved them on my backup hard drive and will make some more copies of them for safekeeping by other administrators.

As soon as I see what all I have, I will start the process of recovering those broken links or Technical Tips.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-01-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

Thank You Julie!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Experienced

Dutchbird is on a distinguished road

GREAT NEWS!!!
And a big thanks to Julie for her grand gesture and contribution!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:15 PM

When I call Julie, I will extend your thanks to her! I now KNOW that I can fix four of the Technical Tips on the Home page listing. I have seen all the files for: Trunk Mat Install; Dashpad Install; Calibrating Fuel & Temp Gauges; and that Disc Brake Conversion for '58-'60 tech tip that so many have asked about! I have ALL those files! I am super elated! As soon as I can, I will start fixing them and putting them on the Technical Resource Library!

The Dash Pad Install and Calibrating Fuel & Temp Gauges have been working links for awhile. I am going to work on the Disc Brake Conversion file next.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-06-2015 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Re-word of post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Very good news, & a thanks to you both from Down-Under.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 PM

I have just spoken with Julie and she is thrilled that I was able to find the missing files on the Squarebirds CD! I do not know if I have them all, but I will find out. She was quite excited that they were there! She said to extend her thanks to all of us for keeping Alexander's dream alive. She is very pleased to know that we are all keeping the Forum going. I have extended your thanks to her for taking the time and effort to find the files and getting them to me!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-02-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 PM

I have just fixed the Disc Brake Conversion Tech Tip for Squarebirds, located on the Technical Resource Library. Just click on the link below to see it. All the pix are now showing on this link!!! This disc conversion uses all Granada equipment.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-06-2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Re-word of post
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Julie,
Thanks and God bless!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

If you own a Square, this site is like finding a gold mine.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Apprentice

redneck is on a distinguished road
Default Absoutely Awesome

Thank you to everyone associated with this site and a big thank you to Alexander and his family. What a gift! am also moved by the many testemonials to this great founder of this site. As a newbie, I access this site on a daily basis and it has already helped me immensely with some of my challenges with my alll original 60 hardtop. I have broused the new link and am absolutely blown away and appreciative. Thanks again to all.

Redneck in N. Minnesota
Closed Thread