This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM

1fordnut is on a distinguished road
Default Help Id A Part

I got a 64 T Bird Landau an having problems starting tracked down the problem to a part on the passenger side on the firewall. Its a relay of some sort right beside the vent on the firewall with black an red wires going to it. When you would hit the key this relay would click an it is keeping the car from turning over take it off an the car does nothing when you turn the key. I went to Advance an they think it is a horn relay I say it is like a neutral safety switch or power relay or starter relay. The part is a Ford part # C1AF 14677 A then below it it says 9CD. Can anybody ID this part?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

I think that doubles as your neutral safety and power window relay if your car has power windows.

John
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 PM
KULTULZ

It is a power accessory relay. It should have nothing to do with no start.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Yes, Kultulz is correct. It is a power window relay only. It energizes when you turn the key. That's the click you hear. Your starting problem is something else, perhaps your neutral switch.

John
Old 08-21-2012, 03:33 AM

yea this car has power windows & when we took the relay off an unhooked it it would not do anything when you would turn the key. I was wondering how many wires are there suppose to be connected to this there is only 2 wires on it currently a red wire an a black wire an the connection on the left side does not have anything on it could I be missing a wire on there an that could be while it is not starting?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 AM
KULTULZ

If you have a no-start, you first check BAT CABLE condition and strength of BAT. You then use a test light to verify VOLT is present at the I terminal when the IGN SW is turned to START (signal goes to S terminal on starter relay to engage starter and IGN) when engine cranks.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 AM

yea the battery is new an its fine fully charged an battery cables are fine an new solenoid an voltage regulator an starter an alt is fine. An going to pick up the relay in the morning an install it an see if it helps. Everything looks fine on it except this relay is bad will keep you posted on it.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fordnut View Post
yea the battery is new an its fine fully charged an battery cables are fine an new solenoid an voltage regulator an starter an alt is fine. An going to pick up the relay in the morning an install it an see if it helps. Everything looks fine on it except this relay is bad will keep you posted on it.
If what you say are true, all those parts are good, the only other possibility is your neutral switch. Try moving the gear shift up and down while you turn the key to Start.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca