This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:23 PM
bluefury bluefury is offline
Join Date: May 21 2012
Posts: 4
bluefury is on a distinguished road
Default Engine block

What is the originql of the engine block and intake manifold of a 1960 Thunderbierd with raised letters on the valve covers?


Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 PM
simplyconnected's Avatar
simplyconnected simplyconnected is offline
Slow Typist
Join Date: May 26 2009
Posts: 7,521
simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

The intake for a 352 FE went to a C1AE 9424-B. If you just change your valve covers it will look like a '60. If you really have a 390, that's a good thing. Keep it. - Dave
My latest project:
CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:46 PM
JohnG's Avatar
JohnG JohnG is offline
Join Date: Jul 28 2003
Posts: 2,294
JohnG is on a distinguished road

Denise, you have a typo in your post and I cannot quite understand the question. Can you clarify?

In the meantime . . . some '58s had blank valve cover (mine for example - made in May) while others had FORD in raised letters. In either case the covers were painted black.

Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Posts: n/a

Originally Posted by bluefury View Post

What is the originql of the engine block and intake manifold of a 1960 Thunderbierd with raised letters on the valve covers?


I think she meant to ask engine color/trim for a 1960.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Driving, racing or working on cars can be hazardous. The procedures and advice on this website including the message board are opinion only. and its webmasters and contributors do not guarantee the correctness of the advice and procedures. The and its webmasters assume no liability for any damage, fines, punishment, injury or death resulting from following these procedures or advice. If you do not have the skills or tools to repair your car, please consult a professional. By using this site you agree to hold harmless the, its authors and its webmasters from any resulting claim and costs that may occur from using the information found on this site.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any submissions to this site and any post on this site becomes property of . The webmasters reserve the right to edit and modify any submissions to this site. All material on this is site is copyrighted by the Reproduction by any means other than for personal use is strictly prohibited. Permission to use material on this site can be obtained by contacting the webmasters. Copyright 2002-2016 by