This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Apprentice

davidvend is on a distinguished road

When I took off the air horn and looked at the floats they look clean and so does the carb body inside no buildup on anything. My floats are of brass and so are the needles Someware I read that it could be the power valve sticking and causing the carb to overflow. Checking out A Zone their kit doesn't come with a power valve in the kit. Carbs are costly, needless to say I will be rebuilding it myself. Is their a place that sell a complete kit with the power valve in it? or do you have to always purchase it seperately? -David
Old 06-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

The kit that I got from Autozone last year did have the power valve in it. The picture on the web site shows it in the kit.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Apprentice

jopizz do you still have the part # from autozone? I haven't had time to rebuild the carb yet but soon gas is to costly
Old 06-07-2011, 07:02 PM

It's part #96-134D. GP Sorensen Ford 4100 Rebuild kit. It shows $16.99. I believe that's what I paid last year.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Apprentice

Thank You, I will check with A Zone for the kit. I'll let you know how it performed once I rebuild the carb next week. Once its clean and blowned out how long did it take you to put it back together?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 AM

It's pretty simple. The hardest part is replacing the rear pump diaphragm. You have to knock out the pin to change it. The rest takes less than an hour.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Apprentice

I just check A Zone's parts its only $13.99 it doesn't have the power valve in the kit I'm wondering if it is avalible as extra. Thats about the differnce in the price with the power valve not their kit.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:14 AM

Where are you seeing that price and the fact that the power valve isn't in the kit. All the 4100 rebuild kits have the power valve. I just looked at the Autozone web site and it shows the full kit for $16.99. Here's the link to it. It says power valve not included but I believe that's an error. I bought one less than 6 months ago and it was included. The picture also shows it. You can always order it if it's not stocked at your local store and if the valve isn't in there don't take it. I also got the same kit from Advance Auto Parts and it had the power valve in it.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...r=3573_0_3660_

Last edited by jopizz : 06-09-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Apprentice

Yes it is only $13.99 here on the west coast I'm talking to them right now and they say in the picture it is in the kit but not listed in the discription. It is called an economizer valve not the normal wording of power valve. Jopizz you have been a great help. Autozone says they will have it around 2pm today. I will make sure its in the kit before I purchase it.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM

When you rebuild your carb you will have parts left over. Don't sweat it. The kit fits many models and some parts are for later years. Just don't forget to install the two ball bearings. Also before you put the top on make sure you check the float heights. The kit has the float settings and a gauge to check it. You can send me a PM if you get stuck.