This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Check out the archived pictures we have on Squarebirds.org
CLICK HERE

I think most of your parts are still available at the parts houses. Check out tee-bird.com and Mac's

Mac's: FAB-13318-ATurn Signal Switch Canceling Cam$16.95 EACH
- Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca

Last edited by simplyconnected : 05-22-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Apprentice

villain is on a distinguished road

regardless of exactly why my brake lights arent working - the steering wheel and horn ring are going to need to be addressed first.
based on this diagram - http://www.parts123.com/birdnest/pdf/Page105-a.pdf
I am in need of:
- 3629 (the first part of the threads on it are stripped out on 2 of the 3 holes...screws go in, but need to go to deep to lock in...I suppose its either a replacement one of those or longer screws (51763-S))
- 13805A - its all kindsa broken
- 13318 - the c-ring that is now missing

anyone know where i can get em?

i guess one positive is that the horn seems to work great :-)
-
- 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)
Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default No brake or reverse lights?

Hi David,

I just sent you an email with contact information for Carl ~ partsetal. He might have the parts readily available that you need. Call him. Also, if you have that picture in a larger size, please email it to me. I want to consider it for the upcoming 2012 Squarebirds Calendar. If you have a copy larger than what that one is, please send it on.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Ray! I just talked to Carl - he has the spring retainer cover and some screws that should solve my issue of it all going back together...woo hoo!!!
If I can find someone that has the remake horn rings in stock that will overnight it out, I should have this steering wheel assembly back together by Wednesday.
They are coming over tomorrow to see what's going on with the brake lights and that stuff. but currently my confidence is high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi David,

I just sent you an email with contact information for Carl ~ partsetal. He might have the parts readily available that you need. Call him. Also, if you have that picture in a larger size, please email it to me. I want to consider it for the upcoming 2012 Squarebirds Calendar. If you have a copy larger than what that one is, please send it on.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

You may have missed my last post. It happened one minute before yours.

CLICK Here for the horn ring.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Experienced

kuusamon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
Brake lights get interrupted by your turn signals. To complicate matters, there are TWO power sources that feed the brake lights (in the steering column).......
...If you see a wire (for example) that says, 'ORANGE-BLUE', the wire may be orange with a blue trace OR it could be a solid orange wire with a blue bullet connector.
Thanks for this info, things become a lot clearer now, to me also.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741
Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

There is also a "mystery" fuse that allows power for the brake lights to even work!!

Try finding the green wire off your IGINITION switch. There is a in-line fuse there that blows sometimes. I promise you it's there and not listed in the service manual. I just went through this on my '60 Bird- CRAZY stuff!!

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Apprentice

mystery fuses - fun :-) would that be the green wire with the little eyelet connector thing on the end that is hanging free under the dash? I saw it when i was looking at the fuses on the back of the headlight switch.

update on this issue (the brake lights anyway) ended up being a faulty wire coming off the brake switch that is next to the master cylinder. All my parts for fixing my horn stuff in the steering wheel will be here tomorrow and we are just going to replace the whole wire then...its rigged for now, albeit i have no horn.

(i'm learning a lot about this car through this process though too...good stuff. thanks everyone)
Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I bet "yes".

It is a small amp fuse too, like an 8 or so.

People helping people.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Apprentice

Is it accounted for in the wiring diagram? http://squarebirds.org/Diagrams-Sche...ingDiagram.jpg
is it the green one coming off the stop light switch under the hood to the 'A' connection on the headlight switch on the dash?