This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Super-Experienced

Joe Johnston is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures Too!

Don't forget - We can post pictures directly with our posts. It makes showing issues or solutions so much easier to explain or understand. Here's an old shot of my 57. Just copy and past the img line from your Photobucket album.
Click the "Preview Post" to make sure it worked and then post by clicking the "Submit New Thread"

Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Super-Experienced

Joe Johnston is on a distinguished road

Photoshop is capable of resizing pictures. I'm not familiar with it enough to tell you exactly how, but I was able to downsize a picture to thumbnail size to use as an avitar for another forum, but it took a couple of attempts for me to "get R done!" There may be an "Edit" button or "Resize" button, don't recall right now.

Very nice cars by the way!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Bill,
What a beautiful Thunderbird! Nice '34 too! You did not happen to get the T-bird in Kentucky did ya?
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures Too!

Here is what Bill said..

The ability to include photos are great. Here is a test but I see the photo is too large. Anybody know how to reduce the size at the Photobucket level to eliminate this problem?

My apologies in advance for using too much bandwidth.

My comments. First of all, my apologies for deleting your post, Bill! In an attempt to modify and upload Bill's beautiful picture, I could not get his larger picture deleted. I deleted the post and re-posted it here for him with a smaller picture. Any Photo editor software should be able to downsize a picture. Keep the pictures to 640 or 800 size and they should fit. For .jpg files, under 146.5kb. There are file limitations in place that have to be adhered to. Here is a smaller version of the picture that Bill showed us. They are beauties!
File Size Picture Size
bmp 39.1 KB 800 600 gif 97.7 KB 800 1200 jpe 19.5 KB 800 600 jpeg 146.5 KB 800 600 jpg 146.5 KB 800 1200 pdf 97.7 KB - - png 585.9 KB 800 600 psd 19.5 KB 800 600 txt 19.5 KB - -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57Bird34Cabriolet003.jpg (80.1 KB, 57 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM

carguybill is on a distinguished road

Ok I guess I need to reduce the file size and then put the reduced size on Photobucket then put the Photobucket link here. I did see that I could get a thumbnail size.

Thanks for your help.
CTCI #57
Old 03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Here's the thread for reducing pictures using free software:

http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7171

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures Too!

Thanks to Dave, our Webmaster, you now have a nice piece of software that you can downsize your pictures with. I had forgotten about that one! The ideal size for pictures to post on here is probably 640x480. That should keep you well within the file size limitations. 800x600 can be used if it is under the 145.6kb file limits for a .jpg file. You can download that picture sizing software and use it to size your pictures to the size you want them at. Then you can upload them to your picture hosting website.

Originally, I had said that you could post pictures in the main Our Rides Forum. However, since this Pictures Too! thread was started, this seems to be the perfect place to post your pix of your Little Birds. So post pictures here, but nothing technical. Use the other parts of this Little Birds Forum for posting technical stuff, requests for assistance, advice, etc.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-10-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Slow Typist

Just my two cents about displaying pictures:

Sharing pictures is a very essential part of this site, whether we are explaining restoration details or just showing our rides, events, or ourselves. We want to see your pictures. Coral, our Help Desk Moderator and Administrator, can answer any of your questions about, "How do I..." She's very good at seeing members through any task. PM her or write a post in the 'Help Desk' forum.

Private Message can be found on the above BLACK BAR, under User CP (user control panel).

When you use a free picture service (like Photpbucket), Squarebirds.org just points to the link. Two things happen; you can change your pictures at that site any time you wish, and it really doesn't use any of our space, here.

Of course, if you become a paid member, I will allocate 20-MB of your own space (for your own web site, pictures, videos, or any kind of files) right here on Squarebirds.org.

Please don't go over 800 pixels wide on any picture. If you do, text on the same thread will go that wide, too. That means we all have to scroll right and left to read everyone's posts (a PITA IMHO).

At the expense of looking foolish please allow me to aver: Ask Coral (at the Help Desk) for help, even if you think it's insignificant. The only dumb question is the one that's never asked. We all start out with the same frustrations.

Aside from 'pictures', we do everything we can to protect our members from all forms of attack. Spam, flames, obscenities, slurs, or just plain bullying will be quickly deleted. We have youngsters and ladies (including Alexander's widow) who depend on us to keep Squarebirds.org the most friendly and helpful Thuderbird on the planet. That was Alexander's mission. We choose to manually screen new members before they are allowed to join as a safeguard for our present members. Ray (Yellowrose)will not just let anyone in, so please hold any criticisms until he catches up with his job. If there are any problems or issues with the registration process we will straighten it out, so please bear with... - Dave Dare

--Lee Iacocca

Last edited by simplyconnected : 03-10-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: I'm old and can't spell
Old 03-10-2011, 04:44 PM

carguybill is on a distinguished road

Here's a test using resizer. The lady is my Daughter in law Betsy Brown. The T-Bird is mine. The event is a CTCI regional - in Cleveland OH, I think

CTCI #57
Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Slow Typist

Stunningly beautiful...

--Lee Iacocca