This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:41 PM

cobrajeff is on a distinguished road
Default 1957 T'Birds

Glad to see a new venue for little Birds. I've always liked Squarebirds, too, but have never owned one (yet). Saw a very nice white '59 convertible with a 430 in it last year at a cruise-in - if I was still working, I'd have probably bought it.

Here are a couple of little Bird pictures:

This is my '57 - a very nice driver, former California car that I found "back home" outside Cleveland Ohio. It was just what I was looking for in a 'Bird, White, with chrome wires, and wide-white radials. I've added a Mustang steering wheel (about 2" less in dia. than the original), and bucket seats from a '65 T'Bird.

This red one is a one owner car that I restored for another Ford retiree. Even though this is a Michigan car, it had no rust, and did not need even a pin-hole filled. Probably because it sat inside the garage a lot, and apparently never saw any Michigan Winters.

Thanks for providing us a spot to talk and share pictures of little Birds!

regards,

Jeff

Last edited by cobrajeff : 03-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures Too!

Hi Jeff, and welcome! I am not seeing the pictures! If you are bringing them in from a photo hosting website, like Photobucket or anywhere else, there is an icon right above this typing. You should be seeing a number of control icons in the gray border above this. One of them is a little picture of the globe, with what looks like field glasses underneath it, and a white smiley face above it. Click on that icon and put your web page link in there. You might have to take out the http:// first. Put your link to your pictures in that box, click OK and it should highlight the link and underscore it, making it a clickable link that should take us to where you have your pictures at. Try that and see what ya get. But I am not seeing anything in the way of the pix you tried to post. Bear with us please. It might take a bit to figure out how this software works.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I don't think thunderbirdnest.com is allowing permission to view these pictures.

To test, try placing the bare link to your internet explorer's address bar like:
http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...edium_-med.JPG

If the picture shows, you're good. (This one does not, probably because it needs a password for access.)

Here's Bill's link:
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/a...29_800x600.jpg

Bill's link does show a picture.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca

Last edited by simplyconnected : 03-11-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 AM

cobrajeff is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures

OK -

Let me try something different. They showed up fine on my computer last night - but, I guess that's because I'm a member over at Thunderbirdnest (I recently purchased a 2002 T'Bird). Now they don't show here - I'm getting the dreaded red "X"

I replaced those pictures with some from the Shelby Club (SAAC) site (I have owned a number of Shelbys in the past). Hopefully, these will show up.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

Nice looking cars came across load and clear
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Default Pictures Too!

Yup, now that I look down at what Jeff was trying to post before, I see the two pix of the beautiful white and red Little Birds. Very pretty! Now yall can post your pix of your Little Birds here in Pictures Too! If you have problems, perhaps Jeff and Bill can tell ya how to do it. We look forward to seeing them.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM

Default Tony C's Beautiful '56 Little Bird!

Tony owns a beautiful 1956 Little Bird. I love the color on this one! Candy Apple Red! What a classy looking Bird. To see his other "pet", his 1957 Skyliner, look down in the General Discussion section at Our Rides. You will see it there. Boy, I would love to have a Skyliner! My father-in-law had one when they first came out. We nearly wore it out putting the top into the trunk and back out again. It was fascinating to watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TonyC '56 T-Bird.jpg (117.7 KB, 82 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

Here is where I have some pics stashed on Thunderbirdnest. See if this link works for non-members of the site.

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...ll&ppuser=7716

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site
Old 03-15-2011, 03:39 PM

Default Pictures Too!

Yup, Jim, the link works. She is pretty also. Those are some nice pix of her. Thanks for posting the link!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ray!

Also for starting the new forum. It does provide another good resource for the 55-57 crowd. There is a lot of stuff on the link under your sig that I have found valuable and adaptable for our little birds. I would recommend that the others check that out. You folks here have a lot of knowledge about the older cars and lot of that is quite useful and transferable.

Thanks again!

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site