This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
  #1  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 PM
SquareBirdShari SquareBirdShari is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 17 2010
Posts: 49
SquareBirdShari is on a distinguished road
Default another question

Hey guys,

I'm getting the car back soon, and have purchased the trunk liner to install when I get it back. I am also looking at the inside door panels. It looks like when the guy took the driver's side off to reconnect the metal side deco plates (which he never did so I had to) he let it sufer some water damage. Ok.. long explinations, but I was looking at Mac's and the Bird's nest for replacement ones. Any recomendations on which dealer is better if there is one that is better or any other suggestions on where to find parts?

Thanks

Shari
__________________
SquareBird
Shari
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-15-2011, 10:03 PM
YellowRose's Avatar
YellowRose YellowRose is online now
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy
 
Join Date: Jan 21 2008
Posts: 11,893
YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default another question

Hi Shari! How did ya come out on the radio situation? Talking with Don at the Bird Nest and others, most of the Tbird auto parts places all get their parts from the same vendors in many cases. Often, for a particular part or parts, there is only one manufacturer or just a few. A good example is seat foams. They all get theirs from our Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird, who makes them for all the vendors. So, in many cases, it does not matter much who you order from, they came from the same manufacturer or manufacturers. In the case of seat covers and door panels, there might be more than one. But I would suggest you go with the one that gives you the best price, because it will probably be the same panel regardless of which one you order from.
__________________

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
SquareBirdShari SquareBirdShari is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 17 2010
Posts: 49
SquareBirdShari is on a distinguished road
Wink Radio/question

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi Shari! How did ya come out on the radio situation? Talking with Don at the Bird Nest and others, most of the Tbird auto parts places all get their parts from the same vendors in many cases. Often, for a particular part or parts, there is only one manufacturer or just a few. A good example is seat foams. They all get theirs from our Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird, who makes them for all the vendors. So, in many cases, it does not matter much who you order from, they came from the same manufacturer or manufacturers. In the case of seat covers and door panels, there might be more than one. But I would suggest you go with the one that gives you the best price, because it will probably be the same panel regardless of which one you order from.
Ray;

I found a radio on ebay for $50.00 orginal plate and black back. So I'm taking it to the guy in Waterford WI to have new guts put in it, but so it look orginal. I will give the review of this vendor and maybe some video of how he does his stuff to report back to you guys. He seem very up and up and has been very helpful so far.

Good to know about the parts places, I have worked with Chevy part places before but not T-Bird stuff so was just checking on the vendors and to see if there was a better one out there!

Thanks for all your help!

Shari
__________________
SquareBird
Shari
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
YellowRose's Avatar
YellowRose YellowRose is online now
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy
 
Join Date: Jan 21 2008
Posts: 11,893
YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default another questions

Hi Shari, Thanks for the update. Yes, we would like to have a report on the guy in Waterford. That would be great! As for our Tbird parts vendors, we have some really great vendors to choose from. I just happen to be partial to Bob's Bird House in Delaware, and Don and the guys at the Bird Nest in Oregon. They have been very helpful, but the same thing can be said for the other vendors also. Bob's Bird House, and the Bird Nest have parts cars to pull parts from. Carl ~ partsetal, here on the Forum also has Squarebird parts cars and is great to work with. So if you need something, contact him. You can catch him on the Forum a lot or send him a Private Message and let him know what you are looking for. Glad to have you with us! Good luck on working on your Tbird. Email me some pictures of what she is looking like when ya get her back. BTW, what did you name her? Or is it him?
__________________

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 PM
SquareBirdShari SquareBirdShari is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 17 2010
Posts: 49
SquareBirdShari is on a distinguished road
Default Her name

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi Shari, Thanks for the update. Yes, we would like to have a report on the guy in Waterford. That would be great! As for our Tbird parts vendors, we have some really great vendors to choose from. I just happen to be partial to Bob's Bird House in Delaware, and Don and the guys at the Bird Nest in Oregon. They have been very helpful, but the same thing can be said for the other vendors also. Bob's Bird House, and the Bird Nest have parts cars to pull parts from. Carl ~ partsetal, here on the Forum also has Squarebird parts cars and is great to work with. So if you need something, contact him. You can catch him on the Forum a lot or send him a Private Message and let him know what you are looking for. Glad to have you with us! Good luck on working on your Tbird. Email me some pictures of what she is looking like when ya get her back. BTW, what did you name her? Or is it him?

As always you are a true help! My mother was a very strong woman and looked alot like Marlyn Monroe....and always had a smile to share with anyone. Her name was Viola... Vi for short..

My car is a strong, classic just like my Mom was.... Her name is Vi....short for Viola.... Varoom.. Viola

Shari
__________________
SquareBird
Shari
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 AM
YellowRose's Avatar
YellowRose YellowRose is online now
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy
 
Join Date: Jan 21 2008
Posts: 11,893
YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default another question

Hi Shari, We are glad to help. You will find a lot of help here. I see you have named your Tbird. Your Mom had to be very beautiful then, if she looked a lot like Marilyn Monroe. She probably lit up the room every time she walked in a room with that smile. You picked a good name for her, Viola or Vi-Varoom! That Tbird will certainly do that when you get her all fixed up where you want her.

If any of us can help further, just post away in the Squarebirds Forum and we will be glad to do so. Do you have her registered in the Tbird Registry? I don't remember if you said or not. You can do so by going to our Technical Resource Library and going down in the Historical section underneath the Big Fords and you will find it. You will need your VIN # and Data Plate information. The idea behind the Tbird Registry is to get every known surviving, parted out, or crushed Tbird recorded so we have some history on them and know their status. You can also register her directly on John Rotella's website (he is a member of our Forum here also) at www.tbirdregistry.com
__________________

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
gaffney1951 gaffney1951 is offline
Super-Experienced
 
Join Date: May 29 2007
Posts: 553
gaffney1951 is on a distinguished road
Default Another option ...

is to take your existing panels to a local upholstery shop if the metal trim is good. Mike
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
YellowRose's Avatar
YellowRose YellowRose is online now
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy
 
Join Date: Jan 21 2008
Posts: 11,893
YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default another question

Mike gave you a good suggestion also. When I had Rose's interior redone, my door panels pieces were the originals. One panel was broken in about three or four places. One of my arm rests was also broken up. My interior guy made new ones out of stiff cardboard that he uses for parts like that. He rebuilt the broken arm rest also. Then he recovered it all with yellow and white material. The one thing I lack though is the honeycomb effect that my '59 door panels had at the bottom. I did not mind that though because my interior was not going to be an original interior anyway when he finished it. I don't recall if the '58 has that same honeycomb effect at the bottom of the door panels. It might be that a good interior man can fix or replace that door panel without having to order a new one. It certainly would be a good idea to check that you. You might be able to save some money.
__________________

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 PM
SquareBirdShari SquareBirdShari is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 17 2010
Posts: 49
SquareBirdShari is on a distinguished road
Default registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi Shari, We are glad to help. You will find a lot of help here. I see you have named your Tbird. Your Mom had to be very beautiful then, if she looked a lot like Marilyn Monroe. She probably lit up the room every time she walked in a room with that smile. You picked a good name for her, Viola or Vi-Varoom! That Tbird will certainly do that when you get her all fixed up where you want her.

If any of us can help further, just post away in the Squarebirds Forum and we will be glad to do so. Do you have her registered in the Tbird Registry? I don't remember if you said or not. You can do so by going to our Technical Resource Library and going down in the Historical section underneath the Big Fords and you will find it. You will need your VIN # and Data Plate information. The idea behind the Tbird Registry is to get every known surviving, parted out, or crushed Tbird recorded so we have some history on them and know their status. You can also register her directly on John Rotella's website (he is a member of our Forum here also) at www.tbirdregistry.com
Yes, I got it set up on the registry so that she is counted for.!
__________________
SquareBird
Shari
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
SquareBirdShari SquareBirdShari is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 17 2010
Posts: 49
SquareBirdShari is on a distinguished road
Default Car

Well, all great ideas and I just found out that the car is done and I can pick it up Friday! I'm so excited!

I will really take a good look at the door panels, maybe they do just need to be touched up. I will take plenty of pictures and find out how to post them!

Shari
__________________
SquareBird
Shari
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Driving, racing or working on cars can be hazardous. The procedures and advice on this website including the message board are opinion only. Squarebirds.org and its webmasters and contributors do not guarantee the correctness of the advice and procedures. The Squarebirds.org and its webmasters assume no liability for any damage, fines, punishment, injury or death resulting from following these procedures or advice. If you do not have the skills or tools to repair your car, please consult a professional. By using this site you agree to hold harmless the Squarebirds.org, its authors and its webmasters from any resulting claim and costs that may occur from using the information found on this site.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any submissions to this site and any post on this site becomes property of Squarebirds.org . The webmasters reserve the right to edit and modify any submissions to this site. All material on this is site is copyrighted by the Squarebirds.org. Reproduction by any means other than for personal use is strictly prohibited. Permission to use material on this site can be obtained by contacting the webmasters. Copyright 2002-2016 by Squarebirds.org.