This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Experienced

60 T-Bird is on a distinguished road
Default Finally doing the body work

I figured that I didn't want to post this in "Our Rides" until after I have the car re-assembled. So here are a few pictures of the rust damages, repairs and the paint stripping....Let the games begin!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T-bird body 1010 002.jpg (345.6 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg T-bird body 1010 007.jpg (335.1 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg Body work 12.2010 002.jpg (336.0 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg Jan 2011 003.jpg (311.6 KB, 299 views)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Good job, Martin. I'm jealous about your California weather, and wish I could be out there doing body work. Your car is shaping up and will look great when you're done.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Experienced

Thanx Dave...It was bitter cold a few weeks ago and now we're socked in by fog. The shop is heated, so only humidity will be a factor. I didn't want to wait for summer when we battle with 105 degree days. Hopefully when the paint is put on, the humidity will be ok. After the engine is back in, it should be back to 105 and I should be baking my brain while doing the interior. Gotta love it!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Looks like a solid car.

Thanks for the pics of the work. Look forward to seeing the progress - always cool when you can visit someone's shop without even leaving the couch.

Eric
registry 5347
Old 01-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Super-Experienced

Bob M is on a distinguished road

The body looks to be in very good shape,mine had alot more rust and your sun shine looks great it has been 10-15 degree here for weeks. send pictures when you are done

Bob M
59 Bird
72 Charger
Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Experienced

Just an update on "Angelina". Tonight she got her primer after 50 hours of tedious body work straightening out the factory wavy's and the welds from the new metal. She'll harden up over the weekend then block sanding. After that, under-coating and engine room paint. If I'm lucky and it warms up a bit...color and clear...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02-2011 006.jpg (45.8 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 02-2011 008.jpg (48.4 KB, 211 views)
Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Martin,
She's looking good! Keep us posted!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Why didnīt you paint the hood hinges?

Looks gooood though!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 02-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Apprentice

mt59bird is on a distinguished road

Martin,

It looks like you have plenty of room to work on the car. Did you remove the chrome trim around the windshield?

Now the fun begins... block, block, block!

Later,

Mike
Old 03-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Why didnīt you paint the hood hinges?

Looks gooood though!
That is masking tape on the hinges. All you see in those 2 pictures is primer. The hinges will be done with the color base coat.