X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

GH-Java Found His Squarebird!

After looking extensively for a 1960 Squarebird and not having much luck in finding anything in his general area to suit his tastes, G.H. ~ GH-Java has found his Tbird. (the same color I was looking for in 2007 and could not find!) It is a 1959 Hardtop, Indian Turquoise/White (DE Code), same interior, very exceptional, & like new trunk . It turns out that this Turquoise & White Squarebird really caught his attention. 352ci Engine, no rust issues, No AC, no power accessories. A multiple trophy winner with excellent original paint job that still has the shine to it, rebuilt engine, rebuilt COM tranny, new brakes, new exhaust, new radiator, Holley 4bbl carb, starter, tires and wheels, everything works and most everything on this car has been rebuilt or restored. The underside looks as nice as the rest of the car. It is very detailed and really attracts attention. Anything and everything this car has needed has been done with no expense spared. This car is like a new car, though it is mostly original inside and out. It comes with all the car records, shop manual, and a lot of other books. This car has always been garaged and was owned by a classic car collector who is divesting himself of his cars. GH is planning on adding an aftermarket AC system to it, swap out the generator for an alternator to accommodate that, and replace the vacuum windshield wiper with an electric wiper/washer kit. Here is what she looks like!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • GH-Java
    • Jul 17 2015

GH-Jave Found His Squarebird!

Hi all, As long as recall I have loved the classic cars; T-Birds in particular. A week ago, I was about to make one of the biggest mistakes that an enthusiastic novice can make. I was seriously considering purchasing a 1960 T-Bird that needed extensive interior and engine work AND it came with only a bill of sale from 1974. A question about whether I should repair the factory AC in the car OR installing an aftermarket AC lead me to the Squarebirds website and the rest is a Great Story. Ray Clark has been a God sent. Through his encouragement and vision, I learned patience. Ray spent countless hours searching the country for a 1960 T-Bird. He requested support of the members of the T-Bird clubs in other states. He tempered my blind enthusiasm by identifying the shortcomings in different cars as we reviewed them on the Internet (Craigslist and Ebay). He contacted sellers to inquire about issues with the cars that I would not even fathom existed! He connected me with many T-Bird enthusiasts who in turn provided words of wisdom and suggested insight about different solutions to my questions (mostly relayed through Ray). Ray has been researching AC and Wiper systems, talking to mechanics in the area and around the country to set me on a good course. NOW, instead of becoming discouraged with a car that needs a lot of work, I can enjoy my 1959 T-Bird. Look at it, is it beautiful or what?!
    We are so fortunate for people like Ray who take time from their day to help people like me who otherwise would fall prey to the unscrupulous sellers. How natural it was for Ray to help me indicates that he supports all of us in the same manner, every day. He supports us by connecting a novice to an expert, posting an intriguing question, or helping someone purchase his dream car. I am a proud to be a member of the Squarebirds Organization. Thanks Ray.
    And, Thanks to my fellow members for your support. G.H.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

GH-Jave Found His Squarebird!

Ahhh, Shucks, GH! Now ya got me blushing.. The guys and gals on here know that I love a good hunt when it comes to tracking down cars, parts and stuff. They call me "The Bloodhound" because when I get on the track of something I don't give up the trail. I am glad that I was able to provide you with some information, much of it which I learned from many on here, that helped you make some good decisions. I think what we were able to find is a jewel among Squarebirds. I networked with my fellow VTCI Tbird club Presidents on the West Coast, talked with fellow Forum member, Ken Harkema and others, and I got some pretty good leads on some Squarebirds. You see what we found! It sure is pretty! Good luck with her. Now ya gotta think of a name for her!
      Last edited by YellowRose; July 24, 2015, 02:55 AM.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Congrats on your purchase. Nothing screams fifties more than a turquoise and white '59. Looks like you got a good one. I'm glad to see it has manual windows. One less headache to worry about.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• DKheld
          Super-Experienced
          • Aug 27 2008

Very nice!

Original paint - wowzers!

Let us know how the A/C install goes.

Eric

Comment

• bird 60
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 18 2009

Very, very nice GH. The colour combo is beautiful. I hope it worked out close to what you had budget it for.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

GH congrats on your purchase as she is a real beauty. We are very happy to have Ray as an administrator on our site and his passion, along with our other members, clearly defines our purpose. That is why I always say to whoever will listen that this is best TBird site on the planet

Ray good stuff
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

I'm with Dano... Ray and John are the heart of our forums. They have both helped many hundreds of our members' issues. - Dave
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave you are correct about Ray and John but your expertise, directions and commitment to our site, is also beneficial to our members. Good stuff!
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I would like to echo Dano's comments regarding our Super Webmaster, Dave ~ simplyconnected. He is a walking encyclopedia of information and technical knowledge!

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I received an email from GH last night saying that the transport company has notified him that his car is scheduled for delivery to his home in just a few hours from now! I have provided him with full information regarding checking the paperwork for any damage (hopefully none!) that might have been noted on the paperwork when onloading the car for shipping. Also to not sign any paperwork until after he has made a thorough inspection of the car inside and out, and make sure it runs. Then once he has done that, finds no damage and is satisfied with the delivery, sign the paperwork. So I think I have pretty well schooled him on that. I also took him over what to look for when they unload the car, and told of the dangers involved in bottoming out the tail end of the car and the damage they can cause if they are not careful in unloading it. So he knows what to look for there. He is pretty excited!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎