X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan H. Tast, AIA
    Experienced
    • Jan 5 2008

Customized '60 on PowerBlock/Spike TV

Who else caught the customized '60 'Bird on Spike TV's "PowerBlock" this morning? Overall looked very nice until they showed it had a LT-1 Chebby engine . I was sitting in my Ford dealer's waiting room when they showed that and I came unhinged!
    Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
    Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Alan H. Tast, AIA
    Who else caught the customized '60 'Bird on Spike TV's "PowerBlock" this morning? Overall looked very nice until they showed it had a LT-1 Chebby engine . I was sitting in my Ford dealer's waiting room when they showed that and I came unhinged!
    No, I missed the show, but I wanted to see how the car ran sporting the LS1 motor. Did they discuss much how they installed the motor? What transmission was it running?

I used to have a Camaro with the LS1, what a great motor. That motor would out run even the built 455 in our olds and get 30MPG on the freeway on regular fuel compare to the olds and it's 6 mpg on supreme. I think it's not a very attractive motor but it sure performs.

The car was sure a beauty, just seeing photos of it gets me wanting to get our 58 back on the road.

Comment

• lawyercalif
      Experienced
      • May 12 2011

Originally posted by RustyNCa
      No, I missed the show, but I wanted to see how the car ran sporting the LS1 motor. Did they discuss much how they installed the motor? What transmission was it ?.
      I saw it, the car was magnificent. A beautiful candy apple red. Light tan leather interior. It was air bagged with four wheel disc brakes. The LS engine looked like it was made to be there. One of the best looking Squarebird Coupes I have ever seen.

Unfortunately it was only shown during the break of the regular show. They did not show any details on construction.

Comment

• Restifier52
        Experienced
        • Jul 26 2011

There is a video shot by the builder on youtube . Put [ Street Rod Garage 1960 T Bird Project "Balinese" ] in the search box.
        1960 HT
        Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

pretty cool...

But we'll have to wait and see how Keith's '59 build turns out
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Working...
          😀