X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirBB
    Apprentice
    • Jul 7 2016

Replacement Windshield

I'm looking for someone to supply and install a windshield on a 1960 Hardtop, any suggestion? I'm in North Dallas, TX
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dennis Carpenter Ford Parts. If you hurry, you have 5 days (expires 8/22/16) to get free shipping for orders over $50. Use promo code "FR8616" at checkout. Catalogs can be viewed online and/or downloaded as pdfs.

1-800-476-9653

Can't hurt to see if they have a windshield?
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Tbird1044
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 31 2012

Here is one listed on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-1959-19...dXs09S&vxp=mtr
      They are out of the tinted/shaded but note that they should be getting some back in. A friend used this w/s and was very happy with the quality. About the best price I have found.
      Nyles

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Tbird1044
        Here is one listed on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-1959-19...dXs09S&vxp=mtr
        They are out of the tinted/shaded but note that they should be getting some back in. A friend used this w/s and was very happy with the quality. About the best price I have found.
        Nyles
        Does it have the correct curve to it?

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

Daleo56 bought the windshield and had it installed by a glass shop. He said the installer was impressed with the quality of the glass. Keep in mind, any windshield for our cars is probably coming out of China. This one might have come from S. America, but I can't be sure of that. The windshield looks great and he didn't comment about any problems on the install.
          Nyles
          Attached Files

Comment

• partsetal
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 4 2005

Not China, but Peru. These are marked AGP, Auto Glass of Peru.
            Carl

Comment

• RustyNCa
              Super-Experienced
              • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Tbird1044
              Daleo56 bought the windshield and had it installed by a glass shop. He said the installer was impressed with the quality of the glass. Keep in mind, any windshield for our cars is probably coming out of China. This one might have come from S. America, but I can't be sure of that. The windshield looks great and he didn't comment about any problems on the install.
              Nyles
              That's good to hear, since I will need one at some point.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

We have a vendor in our 'Advertisements' page:

Originally posted by YellowRose
                Bob's Classic Auto Glass - (1-800-624-2130)

Also, see this thread regarding Tbird windshields and "branding" kits.

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=10098
                Bob is easy to speak with when you call. I believe his factory is in Oregon but he also has a warehouse in the LA area. We have never heard of a complaint from any of his products. He also offers a wide variety of options. I suggest you give Bob's a call. - Dave
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Tbird1044
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jul 31 2012

I ordered all my glass through Bobs and was very pleased with their service and product. The importer that supplies his glass is based in L.A., so even though I ordered it from Oregon, I was able to pick it up here and save shipping costs. Bobs can also supply any of the straight glass in laminated for an additional fee. All of the tempered will come from China. I just posted the Ebay vendor as a second option, since I know someone that used them and was also pleased.

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 30 2009

I believe the replacement windshields do not "bulge" out at the top like the originals. I ran across an absolutely beautiful '60 at a show last weekend, and it had a new windshield. Nobody would know it was different from original...except for the guys on this site....
                    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎