• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Ford makes way for autonomous car facility by moving new EV plant to Mexico

Filed under: Plants/Manufacturing,Ford,Autonomous,Electric,Hybrid
    The move means an additional $200 million and 150 more jobs for Flat Rock.Continue reading Ford makes way for autonomous car facility by moving new EV plant to Mexico
    Ford makes way for autonomous car facility by moving new EV plant to Mexico originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:17:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

This is a bunch of crap and exactly what Trump has been fighting. Ford told Trump that 700 jobs would be created in Flat Rock because Ford moved the Focus to Mexico from Wayne (MI) Assembly.

Now, Ford says they will move the 700 jobs to Mexico and bring in 150 jobs to Flat Rock.

I hope Ford burns at the stake (and at the border) for this bait and switch promise. Let them pay a 30% duty if they try bringing these vehicles to the USA.

Mr. President Trump, if you hear me, I'm crying 'foul play' to the promise Ford gave you right after the election. You visited Wayne Assembly and you know their employment deficit. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Woobie
      Experienced
      • Apr 1 2016

Originally posted by simplyconnected
      This is a bunch of crap and exactly what Trump has been fighting. Ford told Trump that 700 jobs would be created in Flat Rock because Ford moved the Focus to Mexico from Wayne (MI) Assembly.

Now, Ford says they will move the 700 jobs to Mexico and bring in 150 jobs to Flat Rock.

I hope Ford burns at the stake (and at the border) for this bait and switch promise. Let them pay a 30% duty if they try bringing these vehicles to the USA.

Mr. President Trump, if you hear me, I'm crying 'foul play' to the promise Ford gave you right after the election. You visited Wayne Assembly and you know their employment deficit. - Dave

It can't be the weather, I can only conclude it must be the slave labor.
      Austin

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Notice, Ford isn't clamoring to bust down Canada's doors for this deal. Mexico doesn't have an Environmental Protection Agency. I doubt they have child labor laws.

We're talking about electric vehicles that use chemicals in their batteries. All I know is, my buddies in California go to Mexico when they need chrome plating done because it's cheap. They tell me the streets are running 'green' from these plating companies.

Of course, Ford will be there, and in China and anywhere else they get a good deal. Bottom line is, Ford is in business, not to make cars but to make as much money as they can.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave I agree with you. Too often, big business of which Ford is included speak with " forked " tongue. They are too busy striving for R.O.I Return On Investment
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍