No announcement yet.

Surge Tank for radiator

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surge Tank for radiator

I just picked up a 1959 Bird at Carlisl and it has a Ford Blue Surge tank. I noted other are black whats right Also what color is the air cleaner?
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Surge Tank for radiator

I was there at Carlisle this weekend too. There were quite a few squarebirds for sale, including a fully loaded 1960 Golde Top.

Originally, the surge tank was semi-gloss black and the air cleaner was an off-white.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks this car has two coats of Ford Blue on the tank one lighter than the other. I have a picture if you email me at wingetk@eustis.army.mil I can send them. on the Aircleaner is that a brown off white or wimbloton white -- is the a color at Lowes or Home Depot I could use?

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

On my 1960, I used a Home Depot Antique White color for the air cleaner. It is no absolutely correct, but unless you put a corect color air cleaner next to it, you will not be able to tell. I think the original color is Colonial / Corinthian White.

I will find out the Home Depot paint brand and name and post it tomorrow.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the information: glad to see someone reads these. I am of the opinion that a lot of engines seen today are dirty white from oil and grim over the years. I assume you know what wimblton white is do you think it could be that "standard" white Ford has used for many years? Colonial white seems to bright white or white white. I am using Rustolem Gloss White on the body and it is really white. In fact the car was Diamond blue but I couldn't tell untill I painted the white on it. I try to check into the site everyother day.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎