No announcement yet.

1960 Tbird rear seat question?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. I'm in the process of reviving this 60 tbird with 32k original miles. (barn find) After sitting for 15+ yrs the car obviously needed some work. I got it running, driving, stopping, painted, etc. and just finished putting all the trim back on.
    The rear seat feels "squishy & Bouncy" so I pulled it out and a rat/mouse decided to make his nest out of the carpet like material. basically, I had to scoop it out and suck the rest with a shop vac. Now inside the seat has no material between the springs? I've searched trying to find the best material to put back in?
    Any suggestions?

And, while I'm at it want to install a couple lap belts? Anyone done this? I have a 3 yr old still in a car seat and would love to obviously take her with us. Much Appreciated!
    Brenden
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Brenden, you can get the front and rear seat foams from Jed Zimmerman on here, Ca58tbird. He makes them for these old Tbirds on here. Send him an email or a Private Message, or look in the Advertisements Forum and you will see his contact information. He also restores our steering wheels for us.

As for installing seat belts, the instructions for that is in the Technical Resource Library (TRL). The link to it is always right below my signature element.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Thank you Ray for the referral. Always appreciated! Brenden you may also feel free to email me to askhow@aol.com or call me at 612-708-2144. Below is a pic of a full set of 58-60 Bird foams.
      Attached Files

Comment

Much Appreciated!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brenden I can and as many others on our site can as well, attest to the quality of Jed's seat foams for your Bird. Once you have them installed you won't need others
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Tbird1044
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 31 2012

Seat Foam and matting

Brenden:
            Here are some pics of my removed seats. You can see the burlap between the springs and foam and also the hundreds of thin black wires used to add support. Hope this helps.
            Nyles
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nyles. Mine looks exactly the same. The foam is obviously not in the greatest shape but I believe it should work for a while longer.

Really appreciate the effort guys~ I'll be in Roseville to show off this beaut during the spring car show

Comment

A material you may want to consider for the burlap replacement is a poly-plastic mesh commonly found on lawn furniture covering. It can be bought in rolls or by the yard at Menards, Walmart, etc. It's plastic and won't deteriorate ever.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Tbird1044
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jul 31 2012

A friend of mine down here in Anaheim, knows the old guy that puts the car show together in Roseville. He has driven his 1960 up there several times for the show. Enjoy, and post a few pics.

Nyles

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎