X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Twins

Looks great, almost like identical twin to mine.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• cbnsingram
      Apprentice
      • Jan 25 2013

Very nice work!

Very nice work!

Comment

• fstr-thanu
        • Jan 22 2014

Chris,

Is there a T-bird following in Aus? I have a good buddy in Melbourne and he wants me to ship him the car real bad. We are discussing it and knowing what I know now I would be able to do this again but maybe a convertible?

I cleared out the shop and drove her into the office today. Great drive!! I can only imagine in 1960 what a status symbol this car would have been to own and drive. I plan on taking my girls out to dinner and for a little cruise after work!

Tom

Comment

• keith
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 13 2010

Looks great. Have a great summer enjoying your car.
          Keith
          Sedalia, Mo.
          sigpic
          CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• Tbird1044
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 31 2012

Looks great. I am so jealous. What did you do for the square grill plate behind the front bumper? Chrome? Anodize? Also, what did you do for the rear tail light assemblies? I just keep asking to see what is the best way to go. Don't want to pay $1200 each for tail lights to rechrome.
            Nyles

Comment

• fstr-thanu
              • Jan 22 2014

Originally posted by Tbird1044
              Looks great. I am so jealous. What did you do for the square grill plate behind the front bumper? Chrome? Anodize? Also, what did you do for the rear tail light assemblies? I just keep asking to see what is the best way to go. Don't want to pay $1200 each for tail lights to rechrome.
              Nyles
              I just had a local polishing shop clean up the parts. Not perfect but they do shine real nice.

Comment

• Penelope
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 4 2008

Originally posted by fstr-thanu
                Is there a T-bird following in Aus?
                I can jump in here, over the last 15 years and more particularly the last 5 or so, we have seen a dramatic increase in American iron imported to Australia. The high Aussie dollar and the global economy are the main reasons.

The amount of Mustangs and Camaro's on our streets now blows my mind but there is also good numbers of all classic cars including T-Birds. I live in Perth, Western Australia and when I first started my interest in squarebirds, buying a 60, I had 1 of only 2 in the state. Now there are at least 18 that I know of and people are starting to recognise them for what they are. Having said that, the interest they generate on cruises and at shows is exciting.

The more the merrier!
                sigpicBill
                Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Tbird1044
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jul 31 2012

Nice to know these cars are appreciated world wide. I know I'll have a lot more $$$ in mine than it is ever worth, but maybe one day someone will pick it up who appreciates it.
                  Nyles

Comment

• bird 60
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Mar 18 2009

Hi Tom, sorry for not replying earlier. Yes, there is a very big T.BIRD following in South Australia. I would estimate that there are between 60 to 80. About 10 to 12 SQUARE BIRDS. Mixed American vehicles on a regular night cruise is around 350 during the good weather.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎