No announcement yet.

Gage removal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gage removal

First of all I want to say thanks for the heads up on setting the temperature gage. But I'm a little confused about the gage removal as to what those four studs hold in place? Does the gage come out the front of the dash or do you haft to drop it out from the back? And what about the wires that go to it? The picture doesn't point out these wires, are they just clipped on by pushing them in place? And finally can someone tell me if I can just do this operation by not removing the gage and just getting up into that position and using the right screw driver reset the temperature gage adjustment? Here is the site that I just was looking at, kind of confusing? http://www.squarebirds.org/gauge_adjusting.htm
    Last edited by Guest; May 8, 2007, 07:03 PM.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

The bezels of the gauges on the Squarebirds are removed by pulling them straight out. Under the bezel, you will see four hex-headed screws. Unscrew these, and the gauge can be removed. The wire terminal can be pulled off the terminal bolts.
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

It's a lot easier if you get 2 jumper wires.Just a couple of bucks each.And remove the wires from the gas gauge to.When I did mine I marked the terminals 1,2,3 and 4,then put hash marks on the coresponding wires to be sure I put them back on right.It is kinda confusing because the green wire goes on one side for the fuel and the opposite side for the temp.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎