X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fomoco59
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 10 2005

Originally posted by jopizz
    It must handle pretty good if you can go 70mph and take a picture at the same time.

John

Heh... heh... Been there!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Mike Lemmon
    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Eric is that a " Tom Tom " ( GPS ) on the dash left side
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• DKheld
        Super-Experienced
        • Aug 27 2008

Mike - that's cool.
        Our Fuel and Temp gauges are at exactly the same place too -
        I was just an hour behind...

Dan
        Yup - On old Tom Tom One I think.
        "Oldie but a goodie"
        Folks get a laugh out of the "modern" equipment in the old car. (well at least it was modern equipment years ago when I bought it)
        I ain't stopin' to ask for stinkin' directions

Nyles
        Wish I could say they fit great but where the panel meets the wind lace the panel has bowed out a bit over 55 years. I'm lucky that Dad and Mom kept the car in a garage all it's life and most parts are original and how they were installed at the factory. Too bad the replacement parts are not exactly right - hope you guys find an easy fix...

Eric

Comment

• del
          Retired Expert Enthusiast
          • May 11 2010

Excellent point on the glare...

Originally posted by jopizz
          The ribbed parts were definitely painted to tone down the chrome. Most likely to cut down on the glare. You can certainly leave them shiny if that's your preference. I prefer to make them look factory and cover them with some flat clear.

John
          ... I didn't think of that. Guess I'll be leaving the matte finish alone then on the instr panel & glove box door. At least for now. Other projects await.
          Regards,
          Don Vincent
          Amherst NY
          1960 HT 352
          TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• del
            Retired Expert Enthusiast
            • May 11 2010

Tayman FMR-1 install...Phase 1...

Originally posted by Tbird1044
            Don:
            Let us know how the radio works out. Feedback on things like that are always appreciated.
            Nyles
            ... is done. Instructions were good that came with the unit. and Gary was responsive via email for questions. I removed the original console speaker which was shot and wired Custom Autosound Undercover 1 under the front seats. Had to convert driver's seat to manual to allow the speaker to fit. Fits under passenger seat just fine. Also moved the driver's seat back using the alternate set of mounting holes on the tracks. Did not remove passenger seat...was easy to fish the speaker wire down underneath with the console removed.

Wiring hook ups were straight forward and my only issue was self-inflicted. In reconnecting the power I connected the radio to the clock power feed (which had previously been disconnected by someone who forgot they did it ) instead of the switched radio power feed. Doh!

FM reception is good and the unit works as advertised. It is plenty loud for whatever listening I'm likely to do. Phase 2 of this project will involve a pair of kick panel speakers and I'm looking for any ideas on that. I got a couple of spare kick panels to experiment a little with, but I'm anticipating something surface mounted. They will not have to carry much of the bottom end load - the underseat speakers are plenty bassy. With alittle tweaking to what's going on under the seat I think I can remedy some of that with some foam rubber type insulation for the speakers to rest on and to fill that channel under the seat tracks.

If anyone is interested I have a $20 off coupon for a stereo conversion from Tayman that is good until Jul 1 2015. If you PM me your address I'll mail it to you.
            Regards,
            Don Vincent
            Amherst NY
            1960 HT 352
            TBird Registry 34042

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡