Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Infinite Monkeys
    Apprentice
    • Aug 24 2017

I do have a shop manual came with the car. I'll check that out again. I did try and following the manual before and adjust the linkage, but it didn't help.

Thanks.

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If you are trying to get low gear, disconnect the linkage at the steering arm and push the transmission linkage all the way down to the low position, then put the shift lever to L. Turn the adjuster until the hole in the rod lines up with the steering arm and reconnect. Recheck all positions, especially Park to make sure it doesn't slip into Reverse. If it does then do one turn at a time of the adjuster until it holds.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Infinite Monkeys
        Apprentice
        • Aug 24 2017

Trying out loading pictures

Mods,
        Please delete if this doesn't work.

Edit: OK that didn't work.

Anyone have suggestions for posting pictures off of Google photos?

Comment

• Tbird6
          • Jul 3 2017

No help on the shifter adjustment but can you post pictures of how you converted to a dual master cylinder and power booster?

People have done it several ways but not sure which way to go?

Comment

• Infinite Monkeys
            Apprentice
            • Aug 24 2017

Originally posted by Tbird6
            No help on the shifter adjustment but can you post pictures of how you converted to a dual master cylinder and power booster?

People have done it several ways but not sure which way to go?
            Hi,
            I'm working on figuring out how to post pictures. Would be glad to describe how I did it as soon as I figure out the picture thing.

Comment

• Frango100
              Experienced
              • May 2 2016

Originally posted by Infinite Monkeys
              Hi,
              I'm working on figuring out how to post pictures. Would be glad to describe how I did it as soon as I figure out the picture thing.
              You need to be a paying member to be able to post pictures. You can use a host like ImageShack or alike and post the link in the text field.
              sigpicFrank
              1958 T-Bird "Trovão Rosa" - "Rose Thunder"
              Thunderbird registry #61670

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Infinite Monkeys
                Hi,
                Originally posted by Frango100
                You need to be a paying member to be able to post pictures...
                Yes iftikhar, you certainly qualify to post pictures directly to our forum now that you are a paid member.

Go to the PC Help Desk (click here) and read about picture size in either 'Picture/Graphics File Sizing' or 'picture resizing'. There are two free programs that will resize your pictures so they are not more than 800 pixels wide. <--this is a limit set by our founder. If you can, stick to 600 wide, you will have better success because there is a 'total file size' limit according to the type of picture you are working with.

Once you get the size right, click on 'Post Reply' to create a new post. At the bottom, after the text box, you will find 'additional options'. Click on 'Manage Attachments', and then 'Browse' for the pictures you saved to your computer. You can post a bunch of them in the same post if you like.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

BTW, hey Frango100... When are you going to become a paid member??? When you do, I have something for you. - Dave
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎