Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnG
    John
    • Jul 28 2003

Imagine if Dano registers all his...........

In the last few days I see that many Squarebirds on Ebay are getting registered in the Registry as they previously weren't. This is both easy and great!!

If you get curious, you can do it in a couple of minutes like this: go to the TBird section of Ebay Motors. Search for all 58,59 or 60s (one year at a time). Copy the VIN with your mouse and then go to the Registry and check to see if it's there. If not then download a photo to your computer. Use the VIN for the file name (so H8yh115745.jpg for example). Send an email to John@tbirdregistry.com with the photo attached and the VIN and data plate info in the text, with any other relevant info such as location, condition and features.

It's pretty clear from what is currently going through EBay that there are alot of unregistered Squarebirds out there! It doesn't get much easier than plucking info and photos off of Ebay.
    Last edited by JohnG; February 2, 2009, 06:35 PM.
    1958 Hardtop
    #8452 TBird Registry
    http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
    history:
    http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• Rockin Kev
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Hey Jed,
      Dont forget Malcomes 58 rag top and other 58s in England, the Squarebird is rare here but i do know of over 15 here, of which 4 are 58s.
      Kev.
      ps
      Sadly thou may SQUAREBIRDS HAVE LEFT THE UK and gone into Europe or Breakers yards, if you get a chance to see Summer Holiday the movie fom 1962 with Cliff Richard the singer, you will see a 60 rag top with no back up lights? hence the old questions of if you did not order back up lights did you just get a plain red rear lense, Cliff also own a great Golde too in red n white.

Comment

Kev, thanks for the head's up on the UK birds. However in my keeping the VTCI 58ht registry up to 2004 I did not have the honor of registering any UK Birds. So when I turned my list of about 200 over to Rotella, no UK birds were on that data base. Are you and the other UK 58 and other squarebirds register with the www.tbirdregsitry.com? If not may I suggest that you email John Rotella directly and provide him with a list of all birds and their owners and vin#s. John's direct mail is john@tbirdregistry.com. Best2U.

Comment

• tmjsong1aolcom
          Experienced
          • Mar 31 2004

Remaining 58 Birds deceased up to still living

I sort of continued where Jed left off by continuing to try and obtain any and all info I could on 58 birds. I have used ebay to obtain most of the info and when The registry shut down I continued. At some point in the future I will get the info entered into the registry.

I plan on starting a data base on the 58's similar to the one I am doing on 64's where I put in options to try and obtain a better picture on the production and actual options put on the 58 bird. many Myths still exist about the 58's and hopefully data will clear them up. Of course as noted these are the hardest to find and document.

Fuz
          58's&64's
          Sun Prairie, Wi
          tmjsong1@aol.com

Comment

• RustyNCa
            Super-Experienced
            • May 31 2007

Originally posted by tmjsong1aolcom
            I sort of continued where Jed left off by continuing to try and obtain any and all info I could on 58 birds. I have used ebay to obtain most of the info and when The registry shut down I continued. At some point in the future I will get the info entered into the registry.

I plan on starting a data base on the 58's similar to the one I am doing on 64's where I put in options to try and obtain a better picture on the production and actual options put on the 58 bird. many Myths still exist about the 58's and hopefully data will clear them up. Of course as noted these are the hardest to find and document.

Fuz
            58's&64's
            Sun Prairie, Wi
            tmjsong1@aol.com
            Well, drop me a line, and I will tell you what I know about mine. I haven't gotten around to adding it to anything yet.

I can tell you it's vin, is that a bad thing to post here

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

JohG just to let you and others know, I sent John Rotella last week both pixs and car specific information on both the 58HT & the 60HT to input to the Thunderbird Registry. Thanks for the push.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡