Roof side rail weatherstrips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof side rail weatherstrips

Hi,

I’m considering replacing the roof side rail weatherstrips. Thunderbird headquarters have a picture of the strips. It seems that the strips are attached with thirteen screws, or so, from the inside of the interior. Are they also attached with rubber cement? Is it a complicated job to replace them? Do I have to remove the inner roof side mouldings (C), the side mouldings (E), the top outer mouldings (F), the side garnish mouldings (D), the outer roof mouldings (A) or only some of them, to remove and install the strips? Thanks in advance.

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Roof side rail weatherstrips

I have done this job a few years back. The weatherstrips are held down by a combination of weatherstrip glue and screws. The tough part of the installation is drilling the holes in the new weatherstrip to match the old ones. You need to align the weatherstrip so that it is straight and fits tightly around the windows. This may seem easy to do, but you need to bend the weatherstripping in order to get it into place. I don't recall how much of the trim you need to remove. I think you just need to remove the chrome moldings in the inside of the car.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢