X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StealthSRT10
    Experienced
    • Jun 7 2017

59 looking for wheels and tires

So i just realized that i have 3 15 inch rims and 1 14 inch rim. I was going to go buy tires and somehow it took me 4 months to realize that i dont even have a set of rims that match. size wise.

I have been looking on craigslist and we all know the issue of the modern cars being wider and having a high positive offset. The t bird has a zero offset.

Anyone happen to know any oem takeoff wheels that will fit. I know the lug patter is 5x4.5 or 5x114.3mm but i am having such a hard time with the offset.

I have seen people say you can run up to 18 or 20 inch rims.... not that im trying to get 20s. i just need a set so i can drive the thing around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1959 Thunderbird 397ci
    Cruise-O-Matic
    Flamingo Pink.
    Thunderbird Registry #8442
    Daily driver
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If you want 14" rims look for Ford Ranger or Aerostar rims from the 80's or 90's. They have the correct bolt pattern. The offset is not an issue with drum brakes. They will work with drum or disc brakes. If you want 15" rims there are even more choices as many cars including Ford, Chrysler and some imports used the same bolt pattern.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Deanj
      Super-Experienced
      • Nov 26 2015

Originally posted by jopizz
      If you want 14" rims look for Ford Ranger or Aerostar rims from the 80's or 90's. They have the correct bolt pattern. The offset is not an issue with drum brakes. They will work with drum or disc brakes. If you want 15" rims there are even more choices as many cars including Ford, Chrysler and some imports used the same bolt pattern.

John
      John's right-and the backspace is 4". Check out Wheel-Size.com.

Dean

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎