Experienced
    • Nov 29 2008

seat belts

where to get seat belts & how to tell color and length
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

seat belts

You can get seat belts from any of the Tbird parts houses listed in the Advertisements Forum below. You can find out the color and length available by looking at their websites or giving them a phone call.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• del
      Retired Expert Enthusiast
      • May 11 2010

Originally posted by cubbear
      where to get seat belts & how to tell color and length
      I found that the 60" belts work fine for the front seats, but are way too long for the rear. At least that's how it worked out on my 1960 'Bird. Even "crossing" the two center pieces, by the time you make the buckle end as short as you can, the blade end piece is still too long. I got mine a few years back from Andover Restraints. I haven't seen any shorter than 60", but I also haven't looked very hard.
      Regards,
      Don Vincent
      Amherst NY
      1960 HT 352
      TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• DKheld
        Super-Experienced
        • Aug 27 2008

Just as info - the seat belts that were in my car when my Dad bought it new are 35 inches long each belt (front only).

Mfg by Irving Air Chute Co. Pretty sure all seat belts were dealer installed but since these came in the car it is possible this is what Ford sent to the dealers.

The reason I say that is because the car was bought in a very small town that I doubt very seriously would of had a store that carried aftermarket belts. Closest town would have been 2 hours away. Unfortunately the window sticker was gone when they got it so no definitive proof.
        (funny but our Tbird found my Mom rather than she and my Dad going out to find it - the car came to the bank she was working at to be financed and the fellow was unable to obtain financing. The bank was going to call the dealer to come and pick the car up but my Mom called my Dad - they looked and the car and it went home with them rather than back to the dealer...... )

Eric

Comment

• ncbird
          Experienced
          • Jan 5 2008

Juliano's

Juliano's has been providing seat belts to the street rod market for years. They now have an outlet dedicated to seatbelts SeatBeltStore.com
          They may be able to make you a shorter set. Cant hurt to call them.
          Grant
          Grant
          NCbird on the Coast of NC
          "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

seat belts

This thread has been added to the Technical Resource Library (TRL) under an existing heading called Seat Belts. It has been added with the title of Seat Belt Sources.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎