• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
    Hey Jack,
    She don't sound to bad for a car almost fifty years old!
    I'm almost fifty and have some of the same symptoms
    Richard D. Hord
    Me too!!!
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• jackbird60
      Experienced
      • Nov 28 2008

Ok If You Guys Think I Am Crazy To Pass The Car Up Fine, But If I Was Selling The Car, I Would Make Sure It Could At Least Idle. If It's A Simple Thing, It Should Be A Vacuum Problem, Bad Carb, Etc. But Maybe It's More Than That, Maybe A Vacuum Leak At The Manifold Or More. Who Knows. Point Is Why Wouldn't That Be Done When You Go To Sell. As Mentioned To Ray, I Was Already To Turn Over The Cashier Check. I Just Wanted To Hear The Car Run, And Inspect That Things Worked As They Should. The Little Things I Could Care Less. Leaking Oil, Out Of The Back Of The Block Near The Passenger Side Head, Didn't Fill Me With Confidence Either, Especially If That Block Was Suppose To Be New Or Rebuilt. Something Just Wasn't Right And I Couldn't Put My Finder On It. So I Had To Walk Away From A Beauty. Even A Rough Idle Might Have Done It For Me, But If I Was Selling The Car I **** Well Would Make Sure The Car Could Run.

Thanks Everyone- Jack

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

Most all of the TBirds I've seen (58-60) have had 390's put in them.
        If all the tin & hardware is used, you can't tell. Night & day diff btwn a 352 and a 390. Although the 390 in my 65 ran nice but pwr wise it was like a 352 (2 bbl) ha ha .

Someone in our club just posted a 60 'vert in the Wing.
        If you're interested, I can fwd you the info. He's a charter member, I'm sure it's nice.

Comment

• jackbird60
          Experienced
          • Nov 28 2008

Hi, I had a 390 in mine with a C6 trans as well. It had plenty of punch off the line. Really sorry I sold it. I would imagine 352 are hard to fine today, that why when he said he bought a new 352 block, i said to myself no way. At best rebuilt, but the 390 are far more plentiful.

He could have a 332 in there which which make sense being it's a 2 bbl, and it wouldn't be the end of the world, but with the correct manifold and 4 barrel, the most HP you would get is 265. Still, almost impossible to distinquish between a 332 & 352 , same casting numbers etc, only the stroke on the 332 is smaller. It could also be a 360. I doubt it's a 292 or a 312 Y block.

Oh, don't have the dollars to touch a 60's convertible. But thanks,
          Jack

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Back Home To The Squarebird - Eng Question

Jack created a photobucket account so you could see pix of this Tbird. They are on page 2, as I recall.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Originally posted by jackbird60
              ...He could have a 332 in there which which make sense being it's a 2 bbl... Still, almost impossible to distinquish between a 332 & 352 , same casting numbers etc,...

FE engines were made in Dearborn Iron Foundry. Ford shows FE block displacement at the arrow.

Jack, I certainly don't think you're crazy for passing on any deal. After all, it's your money. A good deal for someone else may not be so great for you.

Sorry the seller wasted your time and his. That would not have happened if he represented his car honestly. You're right about sustaining an idle, too. He could have loads of rust in his gas tank, clogging the pickup screen. I hope you find your dream car. - Dave
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

The 352 is cast into almost all ...

FE blocks, 352, 390, 428, etc. . The only way to know for sure is to check the stroke. Mike

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎