X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy
    Experienced
    • Dec 21 2015

Randy's Big Move

.Hello Squares: well i'm doing a lot to get moved, I stared this thread as to not mess up my Randy's update with non bird work, and as you all know Randy has non-English skills, if it wasn't for Google And my lovely Bride the spelling would be unreadable.
    and it take me long time to get this far. I do like reading all about Squares and what they been doing, you guys type like its talking and I wish it was easy, I have a few razor sharp knifes in the box, spelling, typing, and computers, are not one of them. but hey been self employed most of my life, (61) Married (31) paid off the house on are anniversary few years back. now going to Terri's Mom to help her out, We are putting in a apartment down stairs in one of the garages, shower that sort of thing. so I have for you pictures, yeah I can tell so much more in word pictures, [IMG]20170531_142055 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] that a 16' door we took it off and hung it on car port on the side of house today moved bunch of block that I have had for years, 28 pounders, pick them up cheep, how cheep about a buck but we had to take all 6 truck loads, I think we moved them about that many times HA!!.....[IMG]20170531_142016 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]20170531_141956 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]................................................[IMG]20170531_141946 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]................................................[IMG]20170203_141540 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] l[IMG]20170531_140800 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] how that , last pic is parts car soon as i pull eng. and few parts, I'll be done with that have more room. Im getting ready to Pull it DAVE just to have room, stay stay tuned same Square Channel for more of Randy's Big Move!!
    "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
    Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
  • Randy
    Experienced
    • Dec 21 2015

we had to knock out cut through wall for shower drain .https://youtu.be/L7uAZQybnrg....................................Terri had the Fork and video is mostly Terri whacking on wall after we cut holes !! [IMG]20170606_171757 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• Randy
      Experienced
      • Dec 21 2015

got the shower drain in, the shower is one piece AFR. above floor ruff, but what they don't tell you is nobody knows what your talking about, when you looking for the drain and elbow shallow enough to fit under with out jack hammer out floor. well we found one on line 60+$$ its one unit little over 2" yeah[IMG]20170614_093547 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] Thats a good thing I only had 3 1/2 to work with from floor to bottom of shower.

Comment

• Randy
        Experienced
        • Dec 21 2015

Just a little patch work. [IMG]20170520_140630 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]..............
        . What to do with 16' garage door ? you put it on carport you know for shade!![IMG]2017-06-02_08-10-06 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• Randy
          Experienced
          • Dec 21 2015

What's up Randy!? We are still in moving mode , want to be out by end of mouth, so I can have more time to fix this house up, told the renters they can move in sept. 1, o man i'm running a muck here.
          and my showers not done , WHAT? what have you been doing? funny you should ask. among other things ( like ice on back) working going to Home Depot and all, this is a interesting video, read caption for more info. haha later Squares ....................
          ........... https://youtu.be/he6hJQdUCIw....................
          [IMG]20170717_172140 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]............................
          ............................................................ ..................
          [IMG]20170717_161848 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]............that's Terri with paint roller

Comment

• Randy
            Experienced
            • Dec 21 2015

well we moved all but the bird, computer still not setup and this is harder to do on laptop, but i thought its time to drop The Squares a line. a few pic. and to say Hello.

[IMG]look at that!
            by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

......................................that is just some of the junk that went away, gave away, and 3 loads to dump............................................

[IMG]The Last to Move!

by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
            now just get right side wheel done and get it home. I have been looking for all the parts. last one then off to work is my latest work bench next to the bone yard

[IMG]my new work table by
            Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].
            Last edited by simplyconnected; September 18, 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Randy welcome back and soon the Bird will be home
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Randy
                Experienced
                • Dec 21 2015

Bird home

found out they dont back up, they insistently bind up because of the steerable axle for tighter turning, .................................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLsWEBXdn60

Comment

• Randy
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 21 2015

1/29/18

Let's see Squares what has Randy's been up to?
                  .We are getting settled in its nice, Terri's Mom likes supper at 5, she has two quilt clubs, a knitting club, bible study, she will be 80 this year and drives all over the place. and likes not being alone
                  .Terri has been in lot of pain, back neck, you name it she has had a few surgery's in the past, this move messed her up, even though i'd tried my best and keep saying "leave It alone I'll do it"
                  . Randy well I'm busted up too, and have been doing most of the driving a little help from part time Larry, 18 years calling it quits March 2. (ins. due on 3rd.)
                  . Hazard and Roxy really like it here, run and dig squirrels are their specialty .
                  .The neighbor has old 50s truck he comes over to pick persimmons , Hazard likes him and he always helps to clean the rims .
                  .Terri's Dad cross town passed last week, he had been sick for a while, went on hospice only 2 days, he was 85. this has been a crazy year so far.
                  .Ok I'll put pictures of Mr Hazard at the end.!!
                  . P.S. looks like i have more time to play with the Bird. good thing I bought some parts back when had money. maybe I can talk mom in to buying a eng. for that junkie thing she calls it. LOL...Later Squares ..! [IMG]20180118_145823 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] .........................................................[IMG]20180118_145904 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]20171215_140950 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]20171123_130027 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Randy sorry to hear about the events over the last several months and both you and Terri need some " down time "
                    Thunderbird Registry
                    58HT #33317
                    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• newyear
                      Experienced
                      • Jan 4 2005

Gorgeous truck too!

Comment

• Randy
                        Experienced
                        • Dec 21 2015

little update

well lots of stuff has happened,
                        all heater ducks replaced, old fiber glass stuff cough cough.
                        pluming gas line for new stove we had elec.
                        install new dishwasher
                        fall big dead tree ceder ( fire fighter came did that) that wes fun.
                        make beans out of tree. for rotten porch, its block off nobody has been on it for years .
                        my list grows but Bird is why down the list as of now.
                        O and retried!! Im not on the freeways feb. 28 2018 Yeah
                        and a bunch of other stuff. next pictures .............................[IMG]20180108_104817 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] ...................................................Hazard wants to be a lumber dog now that guy cracks me up.!!......[IMG]20180222_100512 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] the family Terri Haz Rox...........[IMG]20180213_141059 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] .................................................[IMG]20180213_132815 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]...................................................look ................[IMG]20180214_142757 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].............................................I have in each wheel is filled with water they are 100.lbs. each it .[IMG]20180305_161113 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].......Mom car ...[IMG]20180222_093756 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].... all by this Ryobi ..Ha..[IMG]20180305_161329 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]......[IMG]20180305_125355 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] .. last pic. of palm tree in the yard form two days ago. morning from the front of house . Later Squares ......[IMG]20180307_054311 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• DKheld
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Aug 27 2008

Randy - that is so cool that you were able to make beams out of the tree you had cut down and use them on the house !!

Hazzard cracks me up too - he looks great in his Lumber Jack shirt.

Man - those pictures make me envious of your weather - still cold and snowy/rainy here in the NC mountains.

Congratulations on the retirement !!!!!

Eric

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Randy congrats on the " retirement " and agree with Eric to use the tree to repurpose

Randy - that is so cool that you were able to make beams out of the tree you had cut down and use them on the house !!
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Randy
                              Experienced
                              • Dec 21 2015

O my toe, my toe

as for the Bird no change the only change around here is Hazard bandage. ..... click on ...........[IMG]O my toe by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎