X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, william van piere !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, William! William hales from Down Under in Adalaide and owns a '65 Landau! William, I see that your memberships is in the "Waiting For Email Confirmation" queue. Please look for an email from webmaster@squarebirds.org in your Junk, Spam, Deleted, or Inbox. Find it and act on it to confirm your email address to the system. Once you do that, it will put your membership application into the "Waiting For Moderation" queue, where I can approve it. We have the greatest Tbird Techies in the world on here, so if you need help, post in the Flairbirds Forum. We always like to see picture of our new members Tbirds, so if you have some you would like to post, please send Cathie ~ Coral a Private Message (PM) or email and she can tell you how to do that. If you have problems navigating our Forum, please contact me. Enjoy your journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Welcome, William. Yeah, I wanna see a picture of your Landau. Is it RH steering? I'm always amazed at what you guys do with your cars. - Dave Dare
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• scumdog
      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Welcome from another 'down-under' Flairbird owner.

What is your state like regarding keeping cars left-hand-drive?

Here in Kiwiland we're lucky, we can leave 'em as-is.
      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Hey William,
        Welcome, hop on board and hang on! Here you will find the most experienced Birders anywhere in the world. Ask questions, if we don't know the answer we will find out for ya! Comment when you can!
        Once again welcome!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

G'Day Bill & welcome

William or "Bill" as we know him is in the same Car Club as I am. "The Wanderers Rock 'N' Roll Car Club". In South Australia any Left Hand car that's over 30 years can remain Left Handed without conversion. Over 30 years they are deemed as "Classics".
          The downturn is that we can not customize them, they have to remain as per Factory specs. The only way that we can is to convert to Right Hand Drive. At this point in time we can't even change to Disk brakes for safety sake.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

William also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate often
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• scumdog
              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by bird 60
              William or "Bill" as we know him is in the same Car Club as I am. "The Wanderers Rock 'N' Roll Car Club". In South Australia any Left Hand car that's over 30 years can remain Left Handed without conversion. Over 30 years they are deemed as "Classics".
              The downturn is that we can not customize them, they have to remain as per Factory specs. The only way that we can is to convert to Right Hand Drive. At this point in time we can't even change to Disk brakes for safety sake.

Do the authorities have a list of car specifications for such cars as the Thunderbirds? How would they know you had fitted disc-brakes?

Here we are lucky - look at Petrolheads 'bagged' '62 for example.
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• bird 60
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 18 2009

The old saying, it's not speed that kills,only when you hit something. I'm not saying that I can't put disc Brakes or anything else for that matter but, if i get pulled up & the Cop in question decides to go to town inspecting the car, & mind you a lot of them are very knowledgable in that field. There would be a Hefty Fine & made to remove & replace with period parts. Also if we have Club Rego the Club can lose its Historic Membership. And then we have the Dobbers especially the Purists who don't want to see anything other than "A" Original. I can go on & on & on.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎