Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcrinehart
    • Mar 21 2015

1961 T-Bird bumper removal

I need help in removing the front bumper. I followed the Ford shop manual, and removed six 1/2" bolts on the under side and two 1/2" nuts under the hood. The bumper will not move at all.
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Maybe this will help.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Ian M Greer
      Experienced
      • Jul 29 2010

Are you trying to remove just the bumper bolts , if so it is far easier to remove the actual bumper to body mounting brackets , don't forget to disconnect your turn signal lights before dropping it . Connections for same in the engine compartment , pull the mating plugs apart and push the rubber plug ( seal ) down through inner panel then pull down the bumper . Ian (Remember Not All Birds Fly South)

Comment

• rcrinehart
        • Mar 21 2015

Originally posted by Ian M Greer
        Are you trying to remove just the bumper bolts , if so it is far easier to remove the actual bumper to body mounting brackets , don't forget to disconnect your turn signal lights before dropping it . Connections for same in the engine compartment , pull the mating plugs apart and push the rubber plug ( seal ) down through inner panel then pull down the bumper . Ian (Remember Not All Birds Fly South)
        The Ford shop manual does direct me to remove the "bolts retaining the bumper inner arms and end braces to the underbody rail"; but I am having difficulty removing some of these bolts so I thought that I could remove all the bolts that attach the bumper to these arms and braces. I thought that there might be something that I am missing. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎