No announcement yet.

Power door locks ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power door locks ...

putting remote power door locks on the 60. Got the latch actuators figured out. Still have to run all the wiring. Trying to remove the lower dash section and have every thing loose except the lower outboard corner. There is a short trim piece on the bottom and I have the nut by the vent control removed and the piece is loose but won't come off. I know I had this off before but can't remember how I got it loose. Maybe after a good nights sleep it will come to me. Mike
    Welded a mounting bracket to the latch assembly.

This is the piece I'm trying to get off.
  • stu454bb
    Apprentice
    • Jan 27 2011

I like power locks myself. A nice little extra that dose on detract form the originality of the car. Had em on my chev for 8 years without a problem. Post a pic of them mounted in the door. Stu

Comment

• Tenshi95
      Apprentice
      • Jul 10 2011

did you remove that kick panel with the speaker in it? think there is a bolt behind there

-Robert

Comment

Kick panel ...

I don't think the kick panel has anything to do with it. Going through opening in the door jamb I can feel two screws protruding through the inner body panel right behind the lower stainless trim piece. No nuts to remove just sheet metal screws. I'm thinking it should slide off but it doesn't seem to want to come off and I don't want to break it, but it's starting to get on my nerves (always a bad sign)lol. Mike

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Normally it will hang up on the vent control knob. I usually wind up removing the knob rather than trying to pry off the panel.
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Sorry Robert ...

you were absolutely right. The two screws that I felt from the other side were indeed behind the top of the kick panel. Looked at some pics I had from the last time I had it out and could see where they were. The power door locks are coming along. Thanks. Mike

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎