Distributor Rebuild,Numbers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributor Rebuild,Numbers

Hello all:
    Need some help/guidance. I am about to send my distributor off for rebuild. The guy doing the job asked me to get the numbers off the unit. They are:
    C3SF-12127-D
    3AA FOMOCO
    Opposite side near the Vacuum advance:
    B9AF
    My problem is this. The guy says this was not the correct number distributor for my 63 Thunderbird... Can anyone shed some light?? Am I using the right guy to do the rebuild?? Any suggestions. Thanks, Mike
  • Hawkrod
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2005

Better find a new distributor guy, this one doesn't have a clue. That is not only correct, it does not fit anything but a 63 Thunderbird Special 390. Hawkrod

Comment

Need Distributor Rebuilder

Thanks for the input. I thought the numbers were correct. I have a cursory understanding of how to decode some of the numbers. Can anyone suggest a good rebuilder?? Thanks, Mike
      Last edited by Guest; June 1, 2009, 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• GTE427
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 9 2007

I came across an ad or a write up in the past and filed the info for a later date. I haven't used him and don't know of anyone who has, but he may be worth checking out.

Distributor Restoration Service Ford 1958-1974
        Tim O'Connor
        cell:219-508-0191
        email Tim@428cobrajetcars.com

Report back with your findings, thanks.
        Ken
        1959 J Convertible
        1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Distributor Rebuild

Thanks Ken and Hawkrod for your help. I called Tim O'Conner last night. He's a Ford guy and definitely knows whats up!!
          I'm sending him my distributor for rebuild. I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks, Mike

Comment

I have sent a distributor to Tim. He is a great guy! Not only that but he does very good work. I opted for the concours restoration and it came back sooner than he promised but what was great was it looked like he went back in time and took it off the assembly line! It was that good! It functions just as good as it looks also! Just drop it in and go! When it comes time for the points to be replaced, I am going to pull the distributor and send it to him. With his distributors and Pony Carbs, my 66 Q never started or ran sooooo good! 2 thumbs up here!

Comment

• GTE427
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 9 2007

Colo66, thanks for the feedback, good to know that Tim comes recommended from someone that has used his services.
              Ken
              1959 J Convertible
              1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎