X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Dan Leaven's '58 Tbird Pix

Recently, the Calgary Herald did a photo shoot of Dan's beautiful '58 Tbird. You can view the pictures here... And for those of you who do not know what Dan looks like, now you will, including me! I have a lot more and I will probably post them on Photobucket later. Enjoy!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Glorious shots, nice car Dan! I note you are in your golfing threads, no doubt off for a round after the photo shoot! I just love white cars anyway and the wires / white walls set it off beautifully. Superb.
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Nice '58 Dan, congrat's on the coverage as well.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

a V E R Y F I N E car! But whyī59 fender ornaments?....
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Anders you have a very good eye I had a set on EBay that I was bidding on that ( are you ready for this ) stated were the original gunnel sites in the original cartons. The bidding was furious, as there were many bidders and then another bidder and I and went quickly up to $140.00. I placed my maximum bid set at $150.00 and went off to my grandson's birthday party ( 3) and came back to find out I lost, by $2.50. Can you believe it?? Oh well I will keep on searching

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Dano
            Maggie has a very nice White T-Bird
            Great purchase

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
              Anders you have a very good eye I had a set on EBay that I was bidding on that ( are you ready for this ) stated were the original gunnel sites in the original cartons. The bidding was furious, as there were many bidders and then another bidder and I and went quickly up to $140.00. I placed my maximum bid set at $150.00 and went off to my grandson's birthday party ( 3) and came back to find out I lost, by $2.50. Can you believe it?? Oh well I will keep on searching

I know what you mean. I have a new sets laying here myself after " a nightwatch" as all auctions usually ends between 2 & 4 in the middle of the night here...
              Mine was not cheep either, but I know that Larrys have them for 61.95 each... ( B 16178 C, RH or LH ).
              I have found out a quite succesful way to win on Ebay.
              I donīt do anything at all exept for always first check the shipping, so a disapointed seller donīt try to make the benefit on the shipping kind off...
              Anyway, I donīt do anything, as early interest only can make the price higher. I set myself a maximum price, so I donīt loose it due to cheepness, and wait. Then, no matter if there are any bidding or not, I plan it like this: I opend another window, and have 2 side by side. In one, I put in my bid the last minute, but not confirm it, and in the other, I refresh to see the time left until it is like 10 sec to go. Then I swap window and confirm. As the system only charge me 1 dollar on top of the 2:nd bid, there is no risk of putting in your maximum bid. This leaves everybody else to late to start overbid you.
              I have won many things like this with like 2 sec to go... The trick is not to show that you are there, and to actually bid you maximum.
              When I was more of a novice on Ebay, I was in and raise the price, just showing a lot of others that I was keen, and they bidded higher, and higher.
              Think and act like a sniper, and itīs yours
              Last edited by Anders; November 15, 2008, 05:45 PM.
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Anders thanks for the heads up and also your strategy on EBay. The correct gunnel sites are the only piece of the puzzle I need to solve and will get them eventually. I also need a new pair for the 60HT as they are faded due to years of fading. Tha't what makes this restoration thing interesting.

Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• 840 840 840
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 30 2008

WOW! I like your Bird.
                  Charley

Comment