No announcement yet.

Back Bumper 12 Hrs.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Bumper 12 Hrs.

Little by Little I am geting it back together back bumper only took me 12 hours by my self. I sure would not make any money if I ran a body shop.After a week of working on installing the door and quarter windows I have all but on door window in because some dummy broke one of his new windows. I hope the next go around I will get the new headliner in, still have to wash motor compartment
    Attached Files
  • frank58
    Super-Experienced
    • May 28 2006

Absolutely beautiful….. that bumper just back from the chrome shop or is it “new”. great work.

Comment

I sent all my chrome to Advanced Plating in Nashville,Tenn they were the closest and came very good recommentions I am very please with their work only problem it cost a arm and leg. Thanks Bob M

Comment

• bcomo
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 23 2005

Beautiful job Bob. It's coming along really nice !!!!
        Bart
        1960 Hard Top/430
        Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

Nice tail feathers Bob.

And another SPAMMER to add to the ignore list.
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Penelope
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 4 2008

Nice work,I admire you taking on a task of that size! Good luck with the hood lining!

Cheers
            Bill
            sigpicBill
            Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bob she looks outstanding and the tail shots do justice to the time you have put in. I just got my tail light grilles back from chroming and yes, they can be a tad expensive. By the time they chromed them and then taped off the circles / triangles before painting black again the $$ added up. I found a company in Mission,B.C. that chromes over the plastic ( hard to find someone to do this ) on the lense rings and the center cap of the tail lights. It certainly brings the gleem back on the tail shots of the 58, as it was the only area that looked faded.What is your target date to have the 59 cruisin?? By the way from the colour of your 59 in the picture we have the same exterior colour.I have a buddy with a 59 here in our T-Bird Club with the same thing.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Dan
                We have made 2 car shows so far and 2 crusin starting to have fun now , we will be putting a new Edelbrock 1406 Car on next hopping to inprove GPM's from 10 to 14-17 GPM's. The color is called commerical White on the car we looked ar four color charts and picked out the whitest white we could find.O we now have two trophys 1 for top 25 and one for top 50
                I now have my first Winter Job lined up and that is putting in a new heater core as mine started leaking today so I will plug the lines for now.
                Bob M

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bob that really is the purpose of restoring these birds to have fun. My wife and I, when we go to a S&S, get to sit around for 3/4 hours with friends and do absolutely nothing. In our fast paced couldn't care less world we work in, it's refreshing to meet and have friends that have a common bond as these classics.Not to mention the smiles and comments from visitors who at one point either owned one or knew someone who did.

Note:I am seriously considering swapping out my Holley for an Edelbrock.I think that might be my winter project.

Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡