X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60 T-Bird
    Experienced
    • Jun 2 2010

Custom Steering Wheels

Since I am not keeping "Angelina" totally stock, I'm leaning on going to a custom steering wheel. One that is much smaller in diameter. To me the stock one is too large and I am a small framed person and find it a hassle. I like the looks of the Grant wood grain wheel. I think they are 12" or 14". I would like to know what input folks here have on the installation of them and if they are reliable in as much as the horn is concerned
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
  • 619Square
    Apprentice
    • Aug 20 2009

Originally posted by 60 T-Bird
    Since I am not keeping "Angelina" totally stock, I'm leaning on going to a custom steering wheel. One that is much smaller in diameter. To me the stock one is too large and I am a small framed person and find it a hassle. I like the looks of the Grant wood grain wheel. I think they are 12" or 14". I would like to know what input folks here have on the installation of them and if they are reliable in as much as the horn is concerned
    Hello,

I am not a 100% sure but I believe Grant makes (or made) an adapter kit for the bird. I may even have the kit info at home (@ work now). I’ll take a look and see what I have.

Cheers,
    Justin
    --------------------------------
    1960 Thunderbird
    Been in my family since 1961
    Portland, OR

Comment

As far as Grant's go I'm happy with the one I have on my Pontiac nice feel and horn works fine, I'm sure there's a boss kit for the bird

Richard
      Attached Files

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
        Experienced
        • Jun 2 2010

Thanx for the input. From what I can tell, there is an adapter kit. I intend on restoring the old wheel. I was blown away how much they go for!
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Custom Steering Wheels

Jed Zimmerman, here on the Forum, does a beautiful job of restoring our old steering wheels. Rose has one of his restorations steering wheels on her. His information can be found down in the Advertisements Forum.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎