X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60 T-Bird
    Experienced
    • Jun 2 2010

Rear seat foam

Does anyone know if just the rear seat (top & bottom) foam is available anywhere? Is it sculptured or just flat foam?
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Bob's Bird House has it listed. I'm pretty sure it's sculptured.
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Rear seat foam

Martin, fellow Squarebird member, Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird makes ALL the seat foam forms for our vendors for 1958-1966 Tbirds. He also does refinishing of our steering wheels. They look like brand new ones when you get it back. Look down in the Advertisers Forum, and you will see his information and contact information.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
        Experienced
        • Jun 2 2010

Originally posted by YellowRose
        Martin, fellow Squarebird member, Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird makes ALL the seat foam forms for our vendors for 1958-1966 Tbirds. He also does refinishing of our steering wheels. They look like brand new ones when you get it back. Look down in the Advertisers Forum, and you will see his information and contact information.
        Thanx Ray...I sent him an email. Apparently there is another manufacturer who makes a molded foam set. Not sure if Jeds are molded or not. I may just have him do the project for me to just install.
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Just yesterday, I received my '55 steering wheel from Jed's.

He really did a beautiful job.

Jed mainly works on fiberglas boats in Minnesota. He has the correct epoxy, gelcoat, paint, and equipment. Then, he applies his skills and produces FABULOUS work.

Check out some of his work: CLICK Here

BTW, he makes the world's best Thunderbird seat foams and he restores steering wheels. Did I mention, his prices are reasonable? They are. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Rear seat foam

Here are some pix of Jed's seat foams. As far as I knew, he is the only one who manufacturers 1958-1966 seat foam sets for our Tbird parts houses, but he can fill you in on that. As for them being molded, I would say they are. They are made to the same specifications as the original seats and backs, to my knowledge.
            Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Thanks guys for your accolades, and yes, I did get an email from Martin and did reply. So far as I know I am the only one supplying rear foams to vendors. Both Bob's and TbirdHQ have listings in their catalogs and then they order them from me and I drop ship to their customers.

Dave glad the pony express finally delivered your wheel and that you are pleased with it. Better late then never.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎